Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

everyone remembered when the Blank Space video leaked on Yahoo and everyone went crazy and the next day it went MEGA viral and everyone loved her :jonny: even though she's at a new peak with the Eras Tour i still feel like that time was her most universally beloved moment still

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

idk, it feels like there were a lot of ppl at the time who still thought she was kinda cringy. and while critics liked her, they weren't willing to love her with no 80 metascore until folklore.

both the general and critcal perception of her is superior these days.

Edited by fridayteenage
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Do y’all ever wonder if ari had blocked SIO from topping the hot 100 would she still be homewrecking with SpongeBob SquarePants??? A true AU 

spacer.png

Shed be pressured to make even more commercial bops If fear. Focus 2.0 3.0 4.0 incoming

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Prismee said:

everyone remembered when the Blank Space video leaked on Yahoo and everyone went crazy and the next day it went MEGA viral and everyone loved her :jonny: even though she's at a new peak with the Eras Tour i still feel like that time was her most universally beloved moment still

Alot of people still disliked her, 1989 era was where the hate started brewing. 

i feel she's way more loved now and just overall more respected as an artist by everyone including people that doubted her. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Prismee said:

She had hits after smash hits after smash hits
that's why you felt like that, but in reality she's more loved now

28 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

idk, it feels like there were a lot of ppl at the time who still thought she was kinda cringy. and while critics liked her, they weren't willing to love her with no 80 metascore until folklore.

both the general and critcal perception of her is superior these days.

You're right! She wasn't loved like now, she was mocked a ton still online and it was cool to dislike her outside pop circles.

As a musician she for sure wasn't as respected as she is now. She had so many people doubting her, I'm glad she's getting the praise and success she deserves 

I remember my friend in middle school argued that Ellie G was better and more talented than Tay while bopping to Style :ducky:

On 8/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, Teneo said:

Hey thanks for the welcome committee while you’re at it would you mind not sharing any more ass hole pictures to members of this forum? Specially if your bathroom floor and toenails are dirty (we could see mold there) and personal hygiene is lacking? Your anus is not 1989 man we don’t need the full Polaroid collection…

WHAT IS THIS :ahh:

• Haha 2

I just realized Wildest Dreams TV and This Love TV will definitely get new peaks on the Hot 100 whenever this drops :bird:

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

Problem was sitting at #1 for months

Problem peaked at #2. It never went #1. Ariana didn’t get her first #1 until 2018.

• Haha 1

Can someone make a textless version now that we have UHQ? 

F3S1iBPboAA0tXz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

37 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Problem peaked at #2. It never went #1. Ariana didn’t get her first #1 until 2018.

I was thinking about her iTunes reign. A lot of her songs went #1 there all the time my bad I shouldve clarified

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MingYouToo said:

I was thinking about her iTunes reign. A lot of her songs went #1 there all the time my bad I shouldve clarified

No worries

21 hours ago, Love Again said:

It's also now clear that she has a pattern with these rereleases:

Fearless - Speak Now: limited attention

Red - 1989: The big releases with lots of hype and effort

I think Reputation will be the last rerecord and it'll probably get not as much hype as Red and 1989 but definitely more than Debut TV which is gonna come and go

denut tv could debut with a cute lil 300k SPS, snatch that #1 and its mission is completed:giraffe:

4 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

I think she's been filming the music video for 1989 tv vault track these days 

Do y'all think she will push one of the vault tracks as an official single or it will get ICSY treatment?

This is my @MaRy moment.

She will have music videos for each Vault Track.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

THROWBACK. This was my 911.

spacer.png

the way her and one direction were inescapable on tumblr no matter what's your niche. Truly the textbook definition of social media marketing

Rep is last we LOST :deadbanana4:

and not people still calling the orange one karma, come on now

Edited by youreyesgocold

On 8/11/2023 at 1:34 AM, Teneo said:

Hey thanks for the welcome committee while you’re at it would you mind not sharing any more ass hole pictures to members of this forum? Specially if your bathroom floor and toenails are dirty (we could see mold there) and personal hygiene is lacking? Your anus is not 1989 man we don’t need the full Polaroid collection…

SAKDLASJKLDSJAKL:bibliahh:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Karma was never an album and it will never exist, and if u think she's gonna release a whole album named karma after releasing a song with the same name on another album you're delusional omg

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

This isn’t the elevator from Bejeweled though. This is a poorly photoshopped fan edit, and the creators of that TikTok are backpedaling now and saying they knew it was fanmade instead of admitting they fell for it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Lyrica said:

the way her and one direction were inescapable on tumblr no matter what's your niche. Truly the textbook definition of social media marketing

“Also how do I get GIFs?” :rip:

9 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

This isn’t the elevator from Bejeweled though. This is a poorly photoshopped fan edit, and the creators of that TikTok are backpedaling now and saying they knew it was fanmade instead of admitting they fell for it. 

Ugh. Not me falling for the FAKE NEWS :monkey:

There could be Nathan stuff in the vault too. Or other producers for that matter that didn't make the album at all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.