Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Since Shellback did the drums on Shake It Off (Taylor's Version), I hope that means she's still in contact with Max's crew.

I am quite surprised Elvira didn't do Style and New Romantics, though. Based off of Girl At Home, she would have killed NR.

nobody on twitter likes elvira for some reason but her remix of love story was a smash to me. streamed it double the amount of times as the og love story tv :jonnycat:

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

30 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

It’s pretty obvious the other ones are old as well lol. I think a lot of people have unforunately misunderstood the purpose of the vaults section. Swifties hear some songs sounding a bit out of place sonically or lyrically and jump to the conclusions “this must be new and she’s lying” (not saying you are, just a general statement). 

In reality, Taylor herself even said back in 2021 that the vaults are fun because nobody has heard the original versions and she can change them to her liking. We’ve seen from songs like Bye Bye Baby, which we have the real demo for, that she’s re-worded a lot of the lyrics. You can tell easily that the bases of all these songs are old, but she applied some of the knowledge she’s gained since then when it comes to composing and reworded some of the lyrics and compositions - along with Jack. It’s really that simple: the vault is meant to be its own separate addition to the album and not sound like it all fits perfectly into the OG songs that have been re-recorded.

well said. and we've seen so many examples of her repurposing an older melody for a newer song (Teardrops on My Guitar/All Too Well, King of My Heart/Maroon). I always admired how she made some of the Fearless tracks to be folklore'd with the production. It feels like a modernized reimagining of the Fearless album.

8 minutes ago, messybottom said:

nobody on twitter likes elvira for some reason but her remix of love story was a smash to me. streamed it double the amount of times as the og love story tv :jonnycat:

I love willow (dancing witch version). Like I think it's so impeccable 

• Like 3

The “YEAH” right before the bridge on OOTW scratches my brain every time it’s toooo good

Why'd you have to lead me on?

bratz-dancing.gif

Why'd you have to twist the knife?

bratz-dancing.gif

Walk away and leave me bleeding, bleeding

bratz-dancing.gif

• Like 6

Is Liv Over Now?

Now That Fad Don't Chart

Say Don't Go no nickname for this one yet idk

--

"Slur!"

Subaru Lesbians

The bottom two just really don't do it for me but those first three :smitten: some of her best in her discography instantly. And the pop albums really aren't that high in my overall ranking at all tbh so.

6 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Are the vault tracks re-recorded too? If not, does that mean Debut TV's vaults will be sung by a 15 year-old Taylor?

Yes all the vault tracks have been re-recorded too, at least with new vocals. 

7 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Are the vault tracks re-recorded too? If not, does that mean Debut TV's vaults will be sung by a 15 year-old Taylor?

All are recorded in the present day

2 hours ago, evermore. said:

I like Suburban Legends (AI Version) and Is It Over Now (AI Version) more than any of the vault tracks tbh

:suburban:

@atrl hq please take off their username from this user, they don't deserve it

:suburban:

Edited by enchanted0
  • Haha 4

the way suburban legends AI version has stuck in my head :rip:

she needs to hear the SL AI snippet then create a full song out of it.

then include it in ultra deluxe version along with Sweeter than fiction

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Nope. However, the Better Man demo from 2014 leaked and she emulates the same vocal performance in the Taylor’s Version. 

Y'all really out here dissing Her work only to display your gutter trash tastes. Come AWN now f, be serious.

XlXyfDo.gif

• Like 1

The melodies on Say YES God are some of the best ones that Lord has ever composed, but ESPCIALLY the one on the verses.

'cause you kiss me and it stops timeeee

and I'm yours but you're not mineee

pH490Zd.gif

Edited by mael
  • Like 2

The outro synth-run and melodies in Is It God Now? are the best on whole 1989. :alexz3: 

2 hours ago, mael said:

Y'all really out here dissing Her work only to display your gutter trash tastes. Come AWN now f, be serious.

XlXyfDo.gif

Ikr? :skull: I order them to stream BeGOD Again for 300 times to cleanse their ears

Edited by enchanted0

Everyone thought she was bluffing by saying she would re-record her music (even the diehard Swifites) 

Who would have thought how massive these rerecordings would become and give her entire catalogue/career an insane resurgence:jonny:

How she turned such a loss into THIS will always be insane to me. Truly a mastermind. 

• Like 11

So how much did the album do on Spotify yesterday? Did it rebound post-Halloween? Did it stabilize? 

14 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

I might have insane standard for her, but I kinda expected a better hold today after the Halloween drop. It's still absolutely massive and secured her the 3rd biggest debut week ever on Spotify (after Midnights and UVST).

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Taylor Swift said:

I might be making assumptions, but doesn't the 50 million still account for the Halloween drop? People party past 12am, which would be 1st November?

There's a little overlap of the Halloween effet between yesterday and today's numbers. Notably, I think there's a few hours in the US that are still on the 31st. I just didn't expect it to still be that strong. 

But like I said, I just have astronomical standards for Blondie. To be fair, she set those standards herself. I'm not the only one at fault here. :gaycat5:

US Pop Radio  

38 (+1) "****!" *New Peak*
Spins: 901 (+51)
Audience: 3.729M (+0.089M)

44 (+3) Is It Over Now? *New Peak*
Spins: 587 (+208)
Audience: 2.356M (+0.728M)

50 (=) Suburban Legends *Peak*
Spins: 336 (+25)
Audience: 1.352M (+0.048)

Edited by LiamVillain

31 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

US Pop Radio  

38 (+1) "****!" *New Peak*
Spins: 901 (+51)
Audience: 3.729M (+0.089M)

44 (+3) Is It Over Now? *New Peak*
Spins: 587 (+208)
Audience: 2.356M (+0.728M)

50 (=) Suburban Legends *Peak*
Spins: 336 (+25)
Audience: 1.352M (+0.048)

IION :clap3:

1 hour ago, Klein said:

There's a little overlap of the Halloween effet between yesterday and today's numbers. Notably, I think there's a few hours in the US that are still on the 31st. I just didn't expect it to still be that strong. 

But like I said, I just have astronomical standards for Blondie. To be fair, she set those standards herself. I'm not the only one at fault here. :gaycat5:

me when I panic that the preorders are getting filtered and she might only get a 1.2m debut instead of 1.5m (the next biggest non-Taylor debuts this whole decade so far are 839k, 613k, and 522k) :chick3:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

me when I panic that the preorders are getting filtered and she might only get a 1.2m debut instead of 1.5m (the next biggest non-Taylor debuts this whole decade so far are 839k, 613k, and 522k) :chick3:

Yeah we've reached the point where a mere 1M debut for 1989 TV would have been underwhelming. :chick1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.