Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

21 minutes ago, Klein said:

Did Paint The Town Red get a big Halloween boost? Asking because that's the main competition. 

+4% US Spotify

IION -10%

• Like 1

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

14 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

whoever thinks Taylor is ever surprise-releasing an album ever again is delusional. 

Honestly, whoever thinks they can anticipate what Taylor is gonna do is even more delusional :gaycat6:

• Like 2

SDG gets better with each listen :jonny:

kinda sad it wasn't the designated single but IION is also a smash

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Starchild said:

the way there was no noise when she had the 2nd biggest 4th day on Spotify but when she's going to drop over a holiday y'all are posting it everywhere :suburban:

swifties: her worst enemy 

Tell me about it :rip:

I'm sure her numbers will bounce back once Halloween is over, she's gonna be just fine :alexz2:

A Halloween drop was expected and already taken into account. These chart predictors don't just sit there looking at last night's numbers and extrapolating forward. The whole art is in already anticipating how songs will drop in the future. 

What was indeed unexpected was IION getting a radio adds date and more playlisting in the middle of the week, which works in its favor as well 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

After several listens I can honestly say she killed this one. I really don’t mind the changes in Style and New Romantics (which are the most common complaints) while other songs like Bad Blood, AYHTDWS, WTNY have a huge upgrade. The only let down are the vault tracks which don’t capture the vibe of 1989 TV and feel like Midnights (From The Vault). 

I think I’d place this as her second most successful re-recording after Fearless (which was a huge improvement). RED TV had some botched moments but the FTV tracks are the best. Speak Now is the only TV which so far has been a let-down. Despite loving the original, I have barely revisited the TV sadly. 

You don’t like the more mature less country twang vocals of Speak Now TV? 

Edited by Angelo

10 hours ago, 1989 said:

I wonder if we’re getting a tour book once this year’s shows are over or next year when the entire tour is finished. 

Hide contents

Or if we’re getting one at all :gaycatx:

I hope it’s not 80£ like the Beyonce one. 

1 minute ago, Danial said:

How’s the radio update for IION :khalyan2:

Great :clap3: 

POP

47 NE TAYLOR SWIFT Is It Over Now? 379 1.628

+139 Spins

+0.660 Audience

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Is IION's #1 chance in danger? What's this panic? kicongun.png

no 

41 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

whoever thinks Taylor is ever surprise-releasing an album ever again is delusional. 

True. The BB rule changes around which sales count when ruined our chances of that ever happening again, sadly. At least until She enters a phase of Her career where She doesn't care about first week numbers, records, etc. anymore (so probably never).

44 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

could make it again if it's a special project and again something not "very commercial"

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

could make it again if it's a special project and again something not "very commercial"

yeah i can see her dropping the Xmas EP TV randomly  in december on streaming platforms and calling it a gift or whatever

• Like 1

All the vault tracks (NTWDT and Suburban) have grown on me. Great replay value. Daddy Jack ate that one little thing.

• Like 3

Someone start fake controversy over IION and make it go viral. Quickly!

”Red blood, white snow” Taylor Swift is a c*ke addict! Listen to IION to learn more! 

• Haha 3

Last night the thing I heard for the first time was the electric guitar in This Love, today it’s how clearly I can hear Imogen’s backing vocals now in Clean TV. She sounds so good, Taylor sounds so good, and this might end up being one of my favorite tracks ever by anyone :chick3:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Klein said:

The way we had the same complaints last year with Midnights and Anti-Hero (with Halloween and Christmas). :dies:

we never learn, do we? :dies:

21 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Somebody make Say Don't Go viral so it can snatch the #1 quickly.

It literally went from the 2nd best performing song to the 2nd worst performing song :gaycatx:
GP is tasteless, at least it's the most loved FTV track by Swifties

• Thanks 1

Delusional me still hopes we get a third folklore/evermore-ish project to make it a trilogy

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Delusional me still hopes we get a third folklore/evermore-ish project to make it a trilogy

You are absolutely not alone on this 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.