Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

WAIT A MINUTE
I finally hear the clicks on Shake It Off TV, I thought there was something wrong with my phone :deadbanana4:

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

It's way too early for TS11 let me enjoy and live in this era first :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Notice how she added an ORANGE CITRINE jewel necklace, citrine is the birth stone for NOVEMBER... ts11

Love LOVE how you never get tired of saying this, but sis, if youre Taylor and want us to catch something just say it please. We are bulldozed by the slayage of October to be looking for Easter eggs on orange citrine jewel necklaces:deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

I know the clicks on Shake It Off do really exist and are just super faint on Apple Music and all, but sometimes I wonder if posts about them are the universe’s idea of ******* with me by getting me to listen to Shake It Off

But then I remember I don’t hate the new version like I did the old one :marshmallow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Already decided to left this sites to avoid the meltdown here for the -50% drop in streams on Halloween :clack:

idk about that 14KHz thing but that “clicking sound” or “error” on SIO are clearly percussion sounds :skull: They might sound annoying but clearly not an error

• Thanks 1

So taking a moment to step back and reassess the music a few days later, I have to admit, in re-experiencing this album, I’ve radically revised my personal assessment of 1989. Where I formerly thought its lyrics were more impersonal and faceless, if only a little bit, than her other albums, I think I see it in a more positive light now. Maybe, instead, the lyrics are the purest distillation of the essential elements of a Taylor song. There’s a reason, I think, that this album is so special to so many people. The essential elements of her work are still there. It’s like a foil to Evermore, in some ways - the perfect opposite among her albums in its lyrical reservation and pure, unwavering pop sensibility. And I love Evermore so deeply - so how can I not love what I see as its polar opposite, within her own discography at least, too? I’ve really grown to appreciate 1989 in so many more ways with this rerecording, and I feel like it’s fallen back into a high place in my personal rankings. The nostalgia, I’m sure, also helps a lot.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Dear Reader said:

Wait, so you guys mean another meltdown over sales was for nothing?

:ryan3:

Just a normal day for Swifties! 

:ryan3:

• Haha 4

the way Ive only listened to SWT once or twice back in the day and didnt care for it but it¿s lowkey hitting now and there's no way to stream a proper version of the rerecording :deadbanana4:

11 -5
Taylor Swift - Is It Over Now? (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
13 -3
Taylor Swift - "****!" (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
15 -3
Taylor Swift - Now That We Don't Talk (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
18 -5
Taylor Swift - Say Don't Go (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
23 -4
Taylor Swift - Is It Over Now? (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
25 -3
Taylor Swift - Now That We Don't Talk (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
34 -8
Taylor Swift - Say Don't Go (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
40 -16
Taylor Swift - Suburban Legends (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
50 -10
Taylor Swift - "****!" (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]
63 -5
Taylor Swift - Suburban Legends (Taylor's Version) [From The Vault]

:clack:

Calling it now, they’ll combine the streams as soon as IION? is #2 (-1) combined

:clack:

• ATRL Moderator

The fact that she won't even release a music video for any of these "singles"

nicki.png

• Like 1

I may be dramatic but wow I’m not even a Taylor Stan, but the vault tracks are slaying me on 1989TV :jonny5: 

SDG IION NTWDT are the strongest in my opinion but they are all good :jonny5:

im literally having chills hearing these songs she is slaying so hard right now and im so happy for her. 

• Like 2

Someone here mentioned Star Wars lasers on WD and now I can’t stop listening them 😭

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SoSickOfThatSOL said:

Someone here mentioned Star Wars lasers on WD and now I can’t stop listening them 😭

Oh that caused a big uproar back in 2021 when WDTV first came out :ryan3:

23 hours ago, LiamVillain said:

Tiktok (official sounds / all sounds)

- Is it over now? - 20.4K (+3.8K) / 40.3K

- Say Don't GOD - 17.3K (+3.3K) / 20K

- Slvt - 17.7K (+4.6K) / 19.1K 

- NTWDT - 16K (+6.5K) /  48.6K

- Suburban Legends - 1986 (+224) / 2.1K
- Party like it's 1989 (AI) - 1K

- Is it over now? - 23.2K (+2.8K) / 52.1K

- Say Don't GOD - 18.7K (+1.4K) / 22K

- Slvt - 21.4K (+3.7K) / 23.9K 

- NTWDT - 21.4K (+5.4K) /  64.2K

- Suburban Legends - 2150 (+164) / 2.3K

I wonder if we’re getting a tour book once this year’s shows are over or next year when the entire tour is finished. 

Spoiler

Or if we’re getting one at all :gaycatx:

12 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh that caused a big uproar back in 2021 when WDTV first came out :ryan3:

back in 2021

oh jesus it’s been over two years and I didn’t even notice, the four albums since then kept me fed to well :ryan3:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

2 weeks ago I was nervous Drake was about to surprise release the music video for "IDGAF" and block "Cruel Summer" from number one. It's crazy to think she went number one for 2 weeks with CS and is now replacing herself at number one

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

oh jesus it’s been over two years and I didn’t even notice, the four albums since then kept me fed to well :ryan3:

Time flies by in the clown car, let me tell you :ryan3:

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

So taking a moment to step back and reassess the music a few days later, I have to admit, in re-experiencing this album, I’ve radically revised my personal assessment of 1989. Where I formerly thought its lyrics were more impersonal and faceless, if only a little bit, than her other albums, I think I see it in a more positive light now. Maybe, instead, the lyrics are the purest distillation of the essential elements of a Taylor song. There’s a reason, I think, that this album is so special to so many people. The essential elements of her work are still there. It’s like a foil to Evermore, in some ways - the perfect opposite among her albums in its lyrical reservation and pure, unwavering pop sensibility. And I love Evermore so deeply - so how can I not love what I see as its polar opposite, within her own discography at least, too? I’ve really grown to appreciate 1989 in so many more ways with this rerecording, and I feel like it’s fallen back into a high place in my personal rankings. The nostalgia, I’m sure, also helps a lot.

I feel the exact same way :jonny:  It is such a mission statement of an album and is crazy to re-assess 9 years later.  She was boldly taking on a personal challenge of reinventing herself personally and musically....even if her reasons for doing so were because of unfair treatment by the media or her insecurities about the perception of her as an artist, she somehow managed to make it such a perfect evolution.  She came into this album aiming for pop domination AND critical acclaim.  It's such a perfect reflection of who she was at that time, and I love that it captures that moment of her so brilliantly.

In the years that would follow, she's stretched and utilized the full space in the Pop world she's put herself in to the point where a lot of it now sounds effortless for her.  But what a thrill it was to hear her challenge herself at the time to somehow channel her diaristic lyricism into a Pop style with massive choruses and timeless production.

That's another thing I love about this album.....it's timeless.  She didn't try to jump on any trends at the time or rely on sounds that would "fit in".  It's Pop and mainstream, but there's a certain quality to it that feels so timeless.

• Like 4

girls I’m sorry I’m late to the party of this but is there a ******* electric guitar buried in the background of This Love and also how did I never notice it in nine years of the original version and one of the TV???? and I love how much clearer it is in the rerecording and now it’s my favorite part of the song?

like I’m just waddling around my apartment cleaning and stop dead like WHAT is that sound, oh Apple Music lossless quality what you do to me

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.