• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

So the Billboard article is definitely just not counting preorders, then, which may have been under 1m but we’re still extremely high. HDD wouldn’t put out this second prediction if there were a real issue reporting the numbers.

BUT if we go by 900k preorders, wasn't she at 1.270M pure sales after 3 days since they reported 370k though? :dies: 

Two versions of 1989 in top 20

spacer.png

Shake it off tv is excellent. I'm not hearing any of these mixing or clicking issues people are whinging about :psyduck:

Edited by Cleanromantic

1 minute ago, Cleanromantic said:

Shake it off tv is excellent. I'm not hearing any of these mixing or clicking issues people are whinging about :psyduck:

Pay attention to the 2nd verse, it's actually annoying :skull: 

• Like 1

How IION? became top 3 of that masterpiece that called 1989? WTF happened, I'm just obsessed with every song from the Vault, but this one is something else. 

• Thanks 1

They must’ve overestimated the preorders. There was no official confirmation that she had crossed 1M in preorders, there was no official number on preorders at all. She must’ve had ~800-900k and the rest she sold during this week

This is probably my favourite vault. I mean Red vault has higher highs, but also weaker songs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

They must’ve overestimated the preorders. There was no official confirmation that she had crossed 1M in preorders, there was no official number on preorders at all. She must’ve had ~800-900k and the rest she sold during this week

900k + 370k = 1.270M

So either the BB numbers include a part of preorders (it doesn't make sense) or we are missing something :skull: 

Edited by Squall

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

That clicking sound has been in the og since 2014:confused:. I'm not hearing anything different 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

The clicking noise is kind of like a pop rocks, fizzy crackling noise more than ‘clicking’ and it’s in the left ear more than the right. It also is only in the second verse that I can hear it. I didn’t notice it until some people pointed it out but now I can’t unhear it :redface:

I don’t personally hear the buzzing or clicking noises in any other songs though, except in the NR intro but it’s VERY faint there. So maybe my earphones aren’t good enough quality or I just can’t hear those frequencies lol. I’m fine with that either way! :ryan3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Timeless said:

1. Never said the entire album was garbage
2. Never said I was bullied either

Do you have anything else to do other than berate people for expressing an opinion that is different from you? You seem to constantly have issues with people who say even the slightest negative comments/opinions on the album. Not everything has to be positive. 

Also just @ me next time lol :alexz2:

this. and also both things can absolutely be true at the same time. The album is doing amazing! Amazing numbers and the GP seems to love it, AND it also does have some production/mixing errors (buzzing, clicks, layering on a few tracks, clearly evident by the spectrogram). 

The majority of people, especially those without a trained ear, might not pick up on those things or even care about them if they do, which is fine, but it doesn't excuse the fact that those errors exist and how for an artist of Taylor's caliber are completely inexcusable. 

OT: I loveee how HYGTG is even more punchier during the chorus than the OG. The Kick drum like really BUMPS now. 15/10 now when it was a cute 8/10 for me on the OG. And the "saying it's gonna be ALRIGHTTTT" going into the second chorus on SIO is literally perfection. Her tone. Her delivery. Eats the OG up! :WAP:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I have a wild thought: how about y’all chill out about ~preorders~ and we’ll assume HDD knows more about album sales than a bunch of twinks on the internet tracking random code on Taylor’s website :ryan3:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Squall said:

BUT if we go by 900k preorders, wasn't she at 1.270M pure sales after 3 days since they reported 370k though? :dies: 

It’s possible they were more like 800k or that maybe like 100k were filtered for being above the normal limit per customer. 1.5m and 1.2m are generalized enough for rounding to affect it, too.

1 minute ago, Holiest Dreams said:

The clicking noise is kind of like a pop rocks, fizzy crackling noise more than ‘clicking’ and it’s in the left ear more than the right. It also is only in the second verse that I can hear it. I didn’t notice it until some people pointed it out but now I can’t unhear it :redface:

I don’t personally hear the buzzing or clicking noises in any other songs though, except in the NR intro but it’s VERY faint there. So maybe my earphones aren’t good enough quality or I just can’t hear those frequencies lol. I’m fine with that either way! :ryan3:

I'm literally trying so hard to find this clicking but I hear nothing :ryan3:everything sounds the exact same to me. 

• Like 3

aww looks like HDD kept the prediction like I had said 

:ryan3:

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

900k + 370k = 1.270M

So either the BB numbers include a part of preorders (it doesn't make sense) or we are missing something :skull: 

If everything goes right, I can honestly see it doing 1.8 million. 

9 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

I didn't even notice it until I played it in my car with my Harman Kardon system and it stood out more than anything and was honestly grating to listen to. but with my headphones and on my system in my house I don't notice it as much. it's strange indeed. but the buzzing under the vocals (on at least 3-5 of the songs I've noticed so far), bothers me more. Other than that, exceptional re-recording!

• Like 2

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

It’s possible they were more like 800k or that maybe like 100k were filtered for being above the normal limit per customer. 1.5m and 1.2m are generalized enough for rounding to affect it, too.

800k was the lowest number possible though, in particular since there were no digitals included. 800 + 370 = 1170, which means she'd sell 30k in 4 days. I don't really buy the limitation thing but who knows? :huh: 

didn't BB say it was 550k in the article with streaming? so 900k+550k would be the 1.45 no?

now imagine the numbers if she had signed at least 100-150K copies :clap3:

Just now, messybottom said:

I didn't even notice it until I played it in my car with my Harman Kardon system and it stood out more than anything and was honestly grating to listen to. but with my headphones and on my system in my house I don't notice it as much. it's strange indeed. but the buzzing under the vocals (on at least 3-5 of the songs I've noticed so far), bothers me more. Other than that, exceptional re-recording!

are you calling me poor? :ryan3:

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

If everything goes right, I can honestly see it doing 1.8 million. 

If preorders actually were as high as we expect and aren’t partially counted in the Billboard updates so far, this is actually where I saw things landing, too - it seems like her performance during release week has actually been stronger than expected :lakitu:

Just now, Starchild said:

didn't BB say it was 550k in the article with streaming? so 900k+550k would be the 1.45 no?

So far, yes! They will potentially also update their article later today, if they’re doing it daily.

• Thanks 1

OOTW is so legendary, Jack put his whole Antonussy in that one 

:WAP:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.