Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

His career as a mixer and sound engineer goes back to the late 90’s and he worked at some point on “remixing” during her debut era. He’s primarily a country person, which probably explains some of the quirks some people hear in his pop productions for her. My guess is that she found him through knowing his name from his work with the Dixie Chicks or whatever he remixed for her in 2006 and decided that he was a reliable producer for the rerecordings because he’s not particularly prolific or in exceptionally high demand, is very familiar with (and clearly quite good with) country production and mixing, and isn’t connected to Big Machine. Maybe above all else, he is willing to work with her where, at the time of the start of the project, some other country producers even outside Big Machine may have been apprehensive about it. Country radio still largely shuns her, after all, and I think the idea that her shift into pop was a kind of betrayal runs deep in that community.

He’s been producing her live performance recordings since her Speak Now tour live recordings. For ex, rep tour movie and city of lover. 

Also the actual mixing on all the re-records was done by Serban who mixed all of her albums since og Speak Now and does mixing on almost all big pop albums.

Edited by cat1867
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

15 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

He’s been producing her live performance recordings since her Speak Now tour live recordings. For ex, rep tour movie and city of lover. 

Also the actual mixing on all the re-records was done by Serban who mixed all of her albums since og Speak Now and does mixing on almost all big pop albums.

it was mixed by the same person?:rip:

38 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Yep Serban Ghenea has basically doing all big artist’s mixing for the last two decades. That’s why I think a lot of different mixing changes is just a change in tech  + industry norms. 

https://serbanghenea.com/discography/?fwp_release_types=album

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Yes, this same person (Serban Ghenea) mixed 1989OG & 1989TV.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

I’m afraid Now That We Don’t Talk is a short bop. Just like Midnight Rain, we all crave that final chorus, but we don’t get it, so we replay it :gaycatx:

midnight rain sweetie...

1 minute ago, cat1867 said:

Yep Serban Ghenea has basically doing all big artist’s mixing for the last two decades. That’s why I think a lot of different mixing changes is just a change in tech  + industry norms. 

https://serbanghenea.com/discography/?fwp_release_types=album

i also thought it was just the fact it's 10 years old and there's different equipment now :rip: 

WTNY was produced by the same person (Tedder) and mixed by the same guy but people still say it's bad, same with clean, etc. it's as if they just want max back :katie: like get over it sissys 

Just now, Starchild said:

i also thought it was just the fact it's 10 years old and there's different equipment now :rip: 

WTNY was produced by the same person (Tedder) and mixed by the same guy but people still say it's bad, same with clean, etc. it's as if they just want max back :katie: like get over it sissys 

Also they  think max is magic. Max is the melody and vocal production guy not the instrumental and mixing guy.

• Like 2

so the album was mixed by the same person but the mixing was getting criticized? is that it?

:ryan3:

• Haha 5

is there any reason the old article was updated today but not the numbers? wouldn't they have changed them by now?

UPDATE: As of Halloween, tracks from 1989 (TV) occupy nine of the Top 10 slots on Spotify's USA Top 50 (she's got five more in the Top 20, along with "Cruel Summer") and four of the top 10 on the global chart, where "Cruel Summer" is #10

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

is there any reason the old article was updated today but not the numbers? wouldn't they have changed them by now?

UPDATE: As of Halloween, tracks from 1989 (TV) occupy nine of the Top 10 slots on Spotify's USA Top 50 (she's got five more in the Top 20, along with "Cruel Summer") and four of the top 10 on the global chart, where "Cruel Summer" is #10

I think they update later in the afternoon. (in like 1-2 hours)

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

If today’s the day that the top 20 prediction comes out, they may think there’s no need to update the article itself. Might be just updating the date to keep the article high and get more clicks.

i turned off my phone after blasting breathe in my car and then style (tv) started on the radio, i thought my phone/spotify glitched... it's taylor's world and we're just living in it :jonny2:

the way i fully switched on shake it off again, you were right king @Steve Johnson :jonny5:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

Is Dianne Warren that same woman that wrote Avril's I'm With You?

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

idk why this made me laugh :deadbanana4:i think she did that one too

I can't quote 4 real but there's nothing you've said that supports the "we all hate it" mentality. so now popularity is apparently not a sign of something being good? Ok sure, in that case the stanbase would be the ones to complain or to stop steaming the album which NO one is doing. This wouldve already gone viral too but We're supposed to measure quality based on what you, brikenburg (or wtvr tf), blue rose and the usuals think? how is that any better? 

You guys are confusing her with Miss Lauren Cristy lol 🤣 she’s the one who produced Avril 3 big debut hits lol 

and I only know this cause I used to Stan miss Avril before tay 

and cause she pop up on my TT 

Edited by mypaintoyou
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, My20sBlues said:

I need an extended version of Now That We Don't Talk 

• Thanks 2

I think I prefer the TV versions... her voice sounds better to begin with and like some have said, some of the songs feel more like a re-master and you can appreciate more of the production in the background than in the old versions like the little bells on Style for example.

Maybe it wasn't a bad thing that Max didn't come back, although I was very scared because WANGBT and IKYWT from RED TV were horrible.

• Like 1

**** all yall who tried to gaslight me by saying the production was fine. Not there being actual amateur errors in the mixing.

:khalyan2:

• Like 1

Just now, Walk_Away21 said:

**** all yall who tried to gaslight me by saying the production was fine. Not there being actual amateur errors in the mixing.

:khalyan2:

The man responsible Serban Ghenia mixed the og 1989.

Also that thing can only be heard by people under the age of 25. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cat1867 said:

Well idk something went wrong. These are clear errors. And I can hear them especially in Shake It Off. It sounds like irritating pops in your ears. We shouldn't be excusing audio errors. We need a day 1 patch.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

the fact it's a day old and only has 300 likes :katie: but yea we're the crazy ones. The album has been reviewed extremely positively by the stans that didn't like SN and the 2 songs from red so it's not like they're "cupcake stans"

Edited by Starchild

the totally miss step for me it's shake it off. It's boring. I think most agree with me cause i mean, i know BS and Style are now more famous and maybe even WD, but its streaming numbers are free falling even under OOTW. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

the totally miss step for me it's shake it off. It's boring. I think most agree with me cause i mean, i know BS and Style are now more famous and maybe even WD, but its streaming numbers are free falling even under OOTW. 

i see yesterday numbers and its streams are even under clean, welcome to new york, all you had to to do, new romantics :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.