Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

1 minute ago, ***** of Babylon said:

wonderland is the worst offender of the original rhythm abuse so far, wtf is that

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

I thought this at first but now it also sounds fuller and more chaotic. I really like it. 

• Like 3

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

4. Out of The Woods - wait this sounds good:jonny: the chorus (which i was very worried about) sounds almost IDENTICAL to the og :clap3:

i was terrified about the 1989 and Rep TVs, and all my fears came true. 

pop music she used to make during that time and with those people does not sound good unless it's perfectly quantized and compressed properly. sorry

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buffy said:

1989 TV sounds more like a remastered album than a re-recording. Everything pretty much sounds the same, but better.

THIS!!!! Everything just sounds so much better. 

On 10/3/2023 at 3:22 PM, Lille said:

If those synths on Style aren't exactly the same, I'm going to have to keep playing Style (Shamrock with Scooter Royalties Version). I'm sorry Ms. Swift, you cannot mess with perfection. :bird:

So yes after my bitching about people complaining about the new versions, I will continue streaming Style (Scooter's Version). :ryan3:

Just now, ***** of Babylon said:

i was terrified about the 1989 and Rep TVs, and all my fears came true. 

pop music she used to make during that time and with those people does not sound good unless it's perfectly quantized and compressed properly. sorry

You need to calm down. This is an LQ leak of the album 

• Like 1

Not ******* peripheral vision being some big vocabulary :rip: she was already writing this way, how the hell is that a reach?

Anyway, I think it’s more than obvious that all of these vault tracks are from their original respective eras, but it’s clear some of them have been given a “facelift”, so to speak.

For instance, there’s no way Don’t You sounded like a 1989-Midnights hybrid originally, but if you look at the credits (the co-writer is someone she only worked with for her first two eras) and just read the lyrics without thinking about the song sonically, it’s evident it was written during the Fearless era. 

The same goes for all of these vault tracks, including the ones we’re hearing today (particularly Say Don’t Go). 

Edited by 1989
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Vault ranking
Red >>>>>>>>>>>>> Speak Now > Fearless >>> Midnights 1939

I think Red set the standard too high 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I thought this at first but now it also sounds fuller and more chaotic. I really like it. 

the final chorus kind of gives, but chaotic isn't really a match for the production. nothing sounds in its right place.

I'm gonna throw up

Style TV is making me sick

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

wow the vault really is a snooze :deadbanana2:

Suburban Legends is literally Mastermind 2.0

Is It Over Now is Labyrinth 2.0 but with a good chorus 

The other 3 songs are a mix of the 2. Why would she remake 2 of the WORST songs on MID?  

The productions are SO bland. I understand ethereal synths are Jack's thing and it worked for Midnights but 1989 is literally build on melodies stacked on top of each other that keep getting bigger, which is wha Max does best. Also a vault full of mid tempos on her poppiest record?? I'm sure she is aware This Love was already the lowest streamed song on the OG and nobody wanted that sound. 

Edited by LastGreatBloodline
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Thank god i avoided this thread for last 2 days. People here having meltdowns as usual like they had during Midnights leak. Can you all just wait for 6 more hours? Stop listening to LQ leaks. 

• Like 2

5. All You Had To Do Was Stay - also sounds fine to me, maybe even better than the OG dare I say it. I was worried about the bridge but it sounds good

I give one month max when the original Style will get more daily streams than Style TV
:ryan3:

• Haha 1

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

You need to calm down. This is an LQ leak of the album 

it won't change much in HQ, the decisions I'm mad at were made and they're sticking unless she plans to re-record it in the 6 hours it'll be released 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Starchild said:

Not ******* peripheral vision being some big vocabulary :rip: she was already writing this way, how the hell is that a reach?

The way they think any word that has more than 4 consonants is Shakespearean vocabulary. :deadbanana4:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Omg Style sounds horrible and it's my favorite original TS song, this can't be real
:khalyan2:

it’s real.

But we will live because TS11 is coming soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

wow the vault really is a snooze :deadbanana2:

Suburban Legends is literally Mastermind 2.0

Is It Over Now is Labyrinth 2.0 but with a good chorus 

The other 3 songs are a mix of the 2. Why would she remake 2 of the WORST songs on MID?  

The productions are SO bland. I understand ethereal synths are Jack's thing and it worked for Midnights but 1989 is literally build on melodies stacked on top of each other that keep getting bigger, which is what made Max does best. Also a vault full of mid tempos on her poppiest record?? I'm sure she is aware This Love was already the lowest streamed song on the OG and nobody wanted that sound. 

But-now-we-said-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VeniceBeach said:

I give one month max when the original Style will get more daily streams than Style TV

Just like WANEGBT OG getting more streams than TV. LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.