Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

Say Don't Go is literally Midnights coded.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

I dont even dislike the vault tracks lyrically, they actually add quite a lot to the overall album but sonically everything is just there :rip: Everything blends together and is like a 5/10 inoffensive but forgettable

1 minute ago, Lord Gaga said:

I think she had to have reworked all of them considerably cause I'm on now that we don't talk and none of them sounds anything close to the 1989 era. It's almost like if all the Speak Now vaults tracks sounded like I can see you.

they were never really produced. She probably just had the lyrics for them. working with Max Martin is expensive, so he probably only produced the ones that would make the cut. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, réveuse said:

Wtf it's out already?

it leaked

1 minute ago, dyktatuob said:

according to atrl, a slight difference in production is "botched" and "awful" 

slight differences matter in pop production. the reverb in the clap that lead into the chorus in style added tension. this version removed that little thing and sucked the air out of the song. it's non debatable. it's a poor production choice.

• Like 1

maybe the double album contains the Nicki Minaj feature ? 

nicki.png

"****!".... really. why does it sound so compressed? Speak Now TV had the same issue. She needs better audio engineers asap. the mixing is off

• Like 1

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

but this is a low quality leak. how do you even know

We don't, and I'll be the first one to full on backtrack on any criticism made and admit I was wrong.

We're all here speculating based on them only, and based on them, Style has way more changes than what some may think or assume based on what you said, that's all.

If it's better or worst, that is absolutely up to personal taste, but to say the changes are only a "slightly different production" is to lie, that's all.

1 minute ago, Thorn said:

Why does it look so dark and like it's going to rain on the beach?

Dark vault.  :coffee:

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

"****!".... really. why does it sound so compressed? Speak Now TV had the same issue. She needs better audio engineers asap. the mixing is off

I mean, the leak is pretty compressed and mid-quality in the first place. I'd revisit later tonight when lossless is available honestly.

• Like 1

I dont think people will eat up the vault tracks this time. They are nothing to call home about tbh. They did an excellent job on WTNY and Blank Space so far

Ok yeah it's a little off dddd, I thought y'all were being dramatic :bibliahh: The instrumentals are way too loud and drown her out, and for the umpteenth time, she's giving weird vocals for these rerecordings ddddd :deadbanana2: she sounds so flat/bored in most of these. Hopefully in higher quality it'll sound better

Edited by bluevelvetcrowbar

Blank Space (TV) sounds SO good. holy crap!!!!! i never expected this tbh.

damn, it seems like there's really a 3AM version of 1989. Maybe the city version? 

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

it leaked

Oh, that's even worse.

I'm not listening to the leaks. I want to remain respectful.

• Like 1

Is it over now sounds like an excellent midnights 3AM track. I need to relisten in HQ before I give my thoughts on the vault tracks. Gonna relisten to AYHTDWS and new romantics :hippo:

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

damn, it seems like there's really a 3AM version of 1989. Maybe the city version? 

Rumor is 6 songs with Sabrina on one of them. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I dont think people will eat up the vault tracks this time. They are nothing to call home about tbh. They did an excellent job on WTNY and Blank Space so far

TOTALLY agree. Oh my gosh they sound so much better

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.