Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

Style (:bibliahh:) is a mess and New Romantics sounds cheap but the rest is mostly the same as its meant to be

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

you're telling me she used those vocals on the verses of Say Don't Go but not on New Romantics???? be so fr.....

What if we aren’t getting a single bc ts11 next month 

Just listened style and new romantics. 

The Pan crackers are really deleting the original to only listen to these needs to be interned :dies:

The fact they really existed :deadbanana4:

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

Just now, Walk_Away21 said:

I've also heard Red TV and Speak Now TV. :ryan3:

Red OG is 100% unlistenable. As someone who never listened to Red until the TV, it's truly awful and shrill and unlistenable. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Death & Decay said:

You guys are scaring me. I love 1989...am I going to hate 1989 TV?? :deadbanana:

1989 was pop perfection as is, there was really no room for improvement. People shouldn't overreact to this not being better than the original album and simply enjoy the new songs.

• Like 2

Style tv.. this is the worst re-recorded track so far(including red,sn and fearless) like this cant be real.. yall are hating on jack but its Christopher Rowe who needs to go he is just awful at vocal mixing

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished the regular album and I'm honestly in LOVE with this mostly :jonny:  I think my expectations were low after IKYWT TV and WANEGBT TV, but there's nothing here that's as botched as those two.  

So many songs have upgraded production...fuller, more impactful, richer, etc.  And other than a few songs, her vocals sound fantastic and so much more emotive than they've sounded on some of the other TV songs.  

Songs that honestly surprised me with how great they sounded: Shake It Off, I Wish You Would, How You Get the Girl, Bad Blood, I Know Places, Clean, You Are In Love

The one song they didn't quite get is Style :rip: .  

• Like 1

A lot of these sound so good omfg Wonderland :jonny:

There are some improvements (Clean, All You Had to Do Was Stay) and some missteps (Style, New Romantics). Nothing as bad as WANEGBT.

"Sl*t" is an obvious Midnights scrap.

Say Don't Go is pre-1989'd excellence :clap3:

Vault tracks ranked on my first listen

1 Slvt!
2 Say Don't Go
3 Is It Over Now?
4 Suburban Legends
5 Now That We Don't Talk

stephm.png

4 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

These vault tracks on the rerecordings, are they rerecordings of complete songs that didn’t make the cut or has she finished writing them too?? Some of these 1989 ones in particular are lyrically like her style of writing on Midnights etc. Idk why, i just can’t imagine Taylor writing “peripheral vision” during 1989

Red already happened before 1989, so i don't find peripheral vision something needs a dictionary. But yeah of course She can change something now and there. Who Is gonna control?.

I mean of course She didn't wrote **** the patriarchy line on  2012

Is It Over Now? is the best vault track by a long shot while surpassingly Suburban Legends is the worst (the instrumental is ok but the fact that it is so wordy, it makes it sound like a mess :deadvision:). 

Edited by TayDuaStan

**** IS GORGEOUS. OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW. OHMPOIFGHPOIUDGRHNPIOHTOPIJDHRNOPDHTSINOPDNIOPDFAGNIOUDFGANIOUDAG\

How did a human being write that beautiful melody and how can a human being produce THAT?

Just now, Everyperfectsummer said:

SL*T! is So It Goes... ugly and boring sister

oh no i haven't gotten there but so it goes is in my top 3 on rep

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.