Did "Cruel Summer" kill "Karma" airplay run?

naval23

Karma initially rocketed to top 5 on radio in its 8th week in June 2023 and then stalled there for 6 weeks before dropping to #7.

Cruel Summer entered top 10 in radio in July 2023 and is now ahead of "Karma" on radio, currently at #5 in its 7th week.

It kind of reminds of me "breathin" and "thank u, next" on radio - breathin' peaked at #3 on radio and thank u, next was in the top 5 at the same time before thank u, next swapped and peaked at #3 on radio.

It was karma for Cruel Justice. :heart:

It killed it faster than it would’ve fallen without it, but it was a worthy sacrifice. Karma is still slaying anyways (I thought it’d drop way faster/harder) :clap3: 

IDK about any other radio stations, but KIIS-FM plays them both almost equally

Karma was just about at its natural peak anyway as a post-album single that wasn't getting much urban crossover, and every serious radio watcher I follow said it was likely to be a sharp rocket up to the top and then an equally sharp decline, so Cruel Summer probably just brought its collapse forward by a week or two. Considering that it's still holding pretty steady on HAC and AC and isn't collapsing all that quickly on Pop, it's actually holding up better than I expected. 

Ice Spice killed Karma. The remix was not needed 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Ice Spice killed Karma. The remix was not needed 

the remix is so bad I havent even returned to the original version. 

Yes because Cruel Summer is the better song.

• Thanks 1

It was worth the sacrifice tbh :allears:

No, Karma did what it had to do, top both Pop and HAC radio and makes top 5 overall radio. It was never going to be higher because AC format is so slow and it is still playing Anti Hero a lot (it is still #2) and the competitors are multi format hits, last night and fast car (Country, Pop, HAC, AC) and Calm down (Pop, HAC, Rhytmic, Urban). 

33 minutes ago, By the Water said:

No. Karma did what it needed to do

Yeah another number 2 peak 

• Thumbs Down 1

If anything I was hoping for I Can See You to do slightly better but I’m happy for Cruel Summer. 

no, karma being an awful song did that on its own :cm: 

now cruel summer… thats quality winning!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.