Did you have Barbie dolls?

Hiatus

Hey dudes. Did you have Barbies growing up?

One time when I was little, I came across a donation box full of Barbies and dozens of clothes for them. My mom actually let me take them home lol (she didn't want to waste money on new toys so it was a win-win). 

I think this had a huge positive impact on me. I never cared for trying to be stereotypically manly, and grew conscious of fashion and taking care of my hygiene.

My favorite was a brunette with blue eyes, a blue dress and matching blue shoes. I low key learned from her that blue looks best on me.

How about you?

• Like 1

me and my sister used to play with her barbies. we loved to throw them up real high and see if their heads came off when they landed.

countess.thumb.jpeg.2fc33804156e0f1489c7

• Haha 5

My sister had a lot of Barbies. I would play with them when playing with her. However, the only "dolls" I had were Britney's and Mary-Kate and Ashley's dolls :cm:

I’ve been collecting since 2009. I have around a 100 or so. I’m also obsessed with Oppenheimer since really into history so this Barbieheimer thing is so surreal. 

• Like 2

One or Two but I barely touched them, think my aunt brought them and my parents were like she's into cars :ahh:  I used to throw the barbie dolls out and kept the cute beetle that came with them. 

Think only girly toys I was into were bratz 

My sister and cousins had a bunch and I used to braid their hairs. The fact that my family was gobsmacked when I came out is crazy :rip: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, princedonte said:

I’ve been collecting since 2009. I have around a 100 or so. I’m also obsessed with Oppenheimer since really into history so this Barbieheimer thing is so surreal. 

Trixie Mattel? Is that you?

No, I'm not a girl

One time when I did play with them, my father yelled at me so I lied and told him i liked her boobies so I wouldn't get my ass beat

I had a britney oops I did it again doll. It went everywhere with me until I was like 4 years old. I was such a little stan. I even cut it's hair when she cut hers :WAP:

I loved playing with them and did so for a pretty long time. I preferred figurines over cars in general, I played with the toys that came from Kinder eggs just as much and made houses for them.

I was a very naive child so the fact that I'm "not supposed to" play with barbies only came to me later on, I'm guessing my dad wasn't happy about it but he never said to me anything. I eventually moved on to playing The Sims and Stardoll :skull:

5 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Hey dudes. Did you have Barbies growing up?

when i was 2-4 years old i grew up with my older sister and my older cousin, i always wanted what they wanted so i got barbies. Some barbies were in like a set skipper teresa barbie so we all got one each in dungarees XD others i remember my favourite was barbie with a pram, she could walk on the floor. My sister liked the one with the Dolphin we used to play with it at the hotel pool with my mum and dad watching

6 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

No but I used to take the heads off of my sisters and hide them in shoe boxes. :cm:

That sounds kinda like me 

No, but I wanted the Barbie Dreamhouse for my action figures. :rofl:

yea and i still collect em:alexz:

my sisters did 

Yes and no. I wanted one (and got one) because I was jealous of my cousin’s doll. But then I threw her off the side of a Spanish villa. Sorry Barbie. :chick3:

No I had a Max Steel. I remember I used to always leave him undressed but my mom would put his clothes back on so secretly I threw them in trash and pretended I lost them so that he'd be in his undies all the time :giraffe:  

my mums side bought me barbies and let me play with them but my dads side made me give them away :deadbanana2:

but were all cool now lol

Yes and i still have them somewhere. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.