Is Lorde taking too long to Release her Albums?

AvadaKedavra

Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey are pushin albums from good/high quality very fast.  Pretty impressive. It has helped them to stay at the top of the music world-streaming and have universal praise

il_570xN.5132634609_eu60.jpg

Untitled-5-900x900.jpg

Meanwhile Lorde takes such a long long time to release one  :giraffe: and her last album was not the best thing
The more times she takes. The bigger the hype gets. :emofish:

Should Lorde take less time for albums? In 10 years we only got 3 albums. :gaycat4:

If the next album is mid could that destroy her career as a critical acclaimed artist? :gaycat2: 
What are your thoughts about "teen hottie"
Im rooting for her :heart: 

tvhyjlyfgnl71.jpg

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Yes, for someone who came into the industry giving out critiques on other artists like candy, her musical output thus far is pretty underwhelming. Melodrama is the only "great" record she has released in 10 years but even that record, short as it is, has its meh moments. Solar Power was disappointing, and Pure Heroine albeit an iconic debut album, just doesn't hit that hard in 2023.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Yeah, far too slow. I think she said she has a plan for how many albums she will release across her career and when she'll release them, so I fear she has no intention on getting onboard any kinda hype train. No matter when Lorde releases, I will be here for her. But she will become pretty damn niche, though that's probably what she wants

I really thought she was gearing up for a 2023 release this time last year when she seemed to be pretty far along and had closed the chapter on Solar Power outside of the few remaining dates. We also heard some whispers of her new album (likely with Dev Hynes) being close to ready. Now… idk what she’s doing.

Lowkey yes, I thought she’d be back by now. I don’t see her being able to compete with her contemporaries anymore. Hopefully she doesnt care!

Well she’s still rather young and came into the music industry at an incredibly young age too. Lana and Taylor are both way older than Lorde and there is still lots of time for her to build tonher discography. What she has achieved already is amazing with insane commercial success from her debut and pleasing the critics with Melodrama and I think she definitely shouldn’t be counted out yet over one album that didn’t connect the way it could’ve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes but like others said lana and taylor are both way older with lana pushing 40s and lorde is in her mid 20s. She has plenty of time and already has 2 excellent and iconic albums.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Yes, for someone who came into the industry giving out critiques on other artists like candy, her musical output thus far is pretty underwhelming. Melodrama is the only "great" record she has released in 10 years but even that record, short as it is, has its meh moments. Solar Power was disappointing, and Pure Heroine albeit an iconic debut album, just doesn't hit that hard in 2023.

Oh it's the opposite for me. PH is much more fitting in 2023 than Melodrama 

• Like 2

Lorde is never going to be the kind of artist to release albums at the same speed as Lana and Taylor, some artists are and some just aren't

Yes, I can’t believe she was hyped up as the future of music only for her to only release one album after PH. 

• Thumbs Down 1

There is no hype for Lorde anymore.

Solar Power was brand-ending :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Shinseito said:

There is no hype for Lorde anymore.

Solar Power was brand-ending :coffee2:

I remember when it came out everyone was pretending to like it until the critic reviews came in. :ahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

I think her early success actually demotivated her, rather than inspiring her. "Solar Power" was too much of a carefree album. 

33 minutes ago, smartalek22 said:

Well she’s still rather young and came into the music industry at an incredibly young age too. Lana and Taylor are both way older than Lorde and there is still lots of time for her to build tonher discography. What she has achieved already is amazing with insane commercial success from her debut and pleasing the critics with Melodrama and I think she definitely shouldn’t be counted out yet over one album that didn’t connect the way it could’ve.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Yes because im selfish and want more music now

4 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

I think her early success actually demotivated her, rather than inspiring her. "Solar Power" was too much of a carefree album. 

This is really interesting to consider, and I agree. I think after Melodrama she felt burnt out by the industry even despite all the acclaim, which I think she had longed for after the daunting prospect of a sophomore album following a massive debut. At this point, I think she really loves making music and performing live, but would rather do so at a Tori Amos or Fiona capacity where there is no commercial pressure.

How can the greatest artist of our generation be over? lol

Wewee

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

This is really interesting to consider, and I agree. I think after Melodrama she felt burnt out by the industry even despite all the acclaim, which I think she had longed for after the daunting prospect of a sophomore album following a massive debut. At this point, I think she really loves making music and performing live, but would rather do so at a Tori Amos or Fiona capacity where there is no commercial pressure.

Tori and Fiona themselves had lots of pressure back in their hey days though, especially Tori. 

By contrast, I don't think anybody pressures Lorde into anything otherwise her release schedule would be different.

Lorde isn't in it for the money. The two artists in your op know what they're doing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.