Man who funded QAnon movie “Sound of Freedom” arrested for child kidnapping

Bears01

Eduardo Verastegui next please! ...

I don't see why a movie about rescuing children from child trafficking is a bad thing? Its based on a true story and shouldn't these stories be told?

• Like 1

Very on brand.

spacer.png

Just now, Insanity said:

I don't see why a movie about rescuing children from child trafficking is a bad thing? Its based on a true story and shouldn't these stories be told?

The movie gives a false impression that child trafficking is some international conspiracy when it is actually happening in your neighborhood, luring us into a false sense of security and giving cover to child predators who are most often related to their victims. 

It is really not a subject matter used for thriller entertainment. It is a serious subject that shouldbe confined to documentaries, but the target audience very clearly does not watch many of those (unless you count online conspiracy videos).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

my reaction @ :12

3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

The problem is not the message is the messenger 

It’s a project plagued with right wing/ conspiracy anti science nutjobs 

Their main selling point was word of mouth between conspiracy Qanon theorists and it spread like wildfire between those people online

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Insanity said:

The people who created and stared in it are literally people who promote QAnon :rip: the literal star of the movie is campaigning in Ohio on Monday for a special election to change their state constitution that the state GOP rammed through to get on the ballot :rip: https://www.citybeat.com/news/qanon-sound-of-freedom-star-coming-to-norwood-to-campaign-for-issue-1-15686901

Edited by Bears01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Insanity said:

This, the controversy or whatever is so weird tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Mamamo said:

This, the controversy or whatever is so weird tbh. 

Y’all don’t see the irony that a movie with a cast and crew, and funded by a bunch of QAnon supporters (QAnon, aka “the democrats kidnap and drink the blood of children, and trump is the savior putting a stop to it!”) had the main person who funded the movie….arrested for kidnapping a 14 year old child :rip:

This is so sick and deranged. The way conservatives have politicized a serious, universal issue into an anti-liberal issue only ever proved how little they want to understand the harsh realities immigrant/refugee/impoverished children face. I’m glad that man was exposed and arrested. 

4 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I wonder how that crowd will react to this, denial I assume :toofunny3:

As usual...

Nobody should be surprised :rip: it is so often the case that the people being the loudest are typically projecting in some kind of way. It’s giving major homophobic politicians being exposed for their gay affairs. This demographic is always guilty of hiding something with their conspiracy theories. 

5 hours ago, Bears01 said:

Y’all don’t see the irony that a movie with a cast and crew, and funded by a bunch of QAnon supporters (QAnon, aka “the democrats kidnap and drink the blood of children, and trump is the savior putting a stop to it!”) had the main person who funded the movie….arrested for kidnapping a 14 year old child :rip:

6 hours ago, Bears01 said:

The people who created and stared in it are literally people who promote QAnon :rip: the literal star of the movie is campaigning in Ohio on Monday for a special election to change their state constitution that the state GOP rammed through to get on the ballot :rip: https://www.citybeat.com/news/qanon-sound-of-freedom-star-coming-to-norwood-to-campaign-for-issue-1-15686901

I didn't know that

I have not seen the movie i just read the premise

Edited by Insanity

I still can't get over Mira Sorvino's connection to this project.

I realize getting back in the game after Harvey's blacklisting must be difficult but damn girl. Ugh.

Idk if the particulars of the case are out but I feel like all he has to do is argue that he was actually rescuing the child from the evil blood drinking red shoe wearing democrats and the fanbase will lap it up. They probably already believe that it's just a big media conspiracy to silence him and suppress the film :michael:

Conservatives always end up embarrassing themselves in the end

uLH6UMX.jpg

thank u guys for explaining cuz i kno people who have been telling me to go see it because of da subject matter but i also kno who is funding it so i didn't want to waste any money on it but couldn't understand why

One of thousands of patrons of the crowdfunded anti-child trafficking film Sound of Freedom was recently arrested and charged for child kidnapping, according to a court filing and social media posts. Fabian Marta was charged with felony child kidnapping in July, while since-removed Facebook posts appear to show the same person revealing their pride in funding the film. Marta's name appears in the movie's credits among the "investors [who] helped bring Sound of Freedom to theaters." Sound of Freedom dramatizes the story of anti-child sex-trafficking organization Operation Underground Railroad and its founder, Tim Ballard, who is played in the movie by Jim Caviezel.

Fabian Marta mugshot

'Sound of Freedom' Funder Fabian Marta Arrested For Child Kidnapping (newsweek.com)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, harwee said:

Jim Caviezel?

That stupid clown who calls Cheeto the New Moses?

:toofunny3:

I don't follow his career I havent seen or heard of him since that Jesus movie from the 2000s. This was a good movie but there's like a million different versions of this story released on a yearly basis. Taken... God is a bullet ect..

Barbie smashing now this…

Conservatives keep LOSING :WAP:

• Like 1

Glad they caught him

The disgusting right wing wants all their heterosexual men grooming our children and I won't stand for it!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.