Katy Perry deserves the VMA Vanguard Award.

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• spree

• JayG

• Big Bad Wolf

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear if they give it to Selena Gomez (who apparently is in talks to get the award) over KATY i will scream.

i mean, she deserves it the most. she is literally the queen of youtube. she paid attention to her videography from the very first era and didn't drop this aspect like some other pop girlies like gaga and lana. even in her flop era she served amazing videos and concepts like never really over, 365, chained to the rhythm, bon appetit. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

i mean, she deserves it the most. she is literally the queen of youtube. she paid attention to her videography from the very first era and didn't drop this aspect like some other pop girlies like gaga and lana. even in her flop era she served amazing videos and concepts like never really over, 365, chained to the rhythm, bon appetit. 

365 was so good too. ugh shes literally being paid dust. Katy is extremely versitile in her videos and wouldve been an amazing actress as well had she chased that route. shes made for the camera honestly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Selena Gomez (who apparently is in talks to get the award)

I hope they don't do this....

I was surprised that she didn't have one. Her career cemented to be iconic already and yes, she deserves it.  

out of the 5 they could pick she’s the one who deserves it the most 

the other’s either only have a couple iconic mvs, are way too young / recent or don’t have a single good one & taylor won’t say yes until her re-recordings are out. one of them also can’t sing so lol @ performing a career medley, katy it is

If she doesn’t get it this year it’s bc of politics because there’s no one else that deserves it more. 

She definitely does - the time when artists put effort into their videos and she never missed the mark

(Except Birthday)

She deserves her flowers 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yes she deserves but she will get it when she launch a new album 

Maybe next year or in 2025

• Like 1

She does! :clap3:

I think they're just waiting for her to be in the middle of an active era first, hopefully next year (or maybe this year if she drops a single this month??)

• Like 1

Katy deserved this award long ago! 

She literally has the best videography among her peers and everyone else ever since! 

• Thumbs Down 1

She really does. Her videos are so consistently well thought out and high budget, plus regularly impactful. She really carved her own niche also. It’s offensive she doesn’t have the award yet, although that’s also true for a number of other artists.

• Like 1

she really does deserve this award that means absolutely nothing and no one will even watch :clap3: :heart2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

You need to pay for that $hit nowadays, so it's up to her team :gaycat:

She has some highlights, but Swish Swish alone should have her banned from the venue.

I feel like these awards are always bought. Anyway even if Selena won it over Katy, we all know damn well Selena's videography doesn't hold a candle to Katy's. Katy has truly iconic and memorable video, everyone knows the "California Gurls" and "Firework" videos and the "Roar" jungle video is also very iconic.

Does Selena have any "iconic" videos? Not really. (I love me some Selena and she has fantastic music but her videos are all average. "Bad Liar" is her cutest I guess?)

Do it like Nicki and have something to promote/a good medley 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.