Fitch downgrades US from AAA to AA+, cites last-minute fiscal deals, aging population

Espresso

Maybe the 90’s was the real peak :tornado:

5 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

I mean, I've been saying this for years. Not anymore, I'm just pro alien invasion or meteor.

Imagine if your credit score was downgraded if you paid the bill the day before it was due. :ace:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Imagine if your credit score was downgraded if you paid the bill the day before it was due. :ace:

Well if you go around flaunting that you might not pay your bill every time it becomes due, lenders might get a little worried about your willingness to pay. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Onyxmage said:

I mean, there's been political accusations against Fitch forever, but this is a valid point. They cite more than this, but some of their talking points in the press release go out of their way to mention needing social spending cuts and not the military once.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Clinton did THAT! 
spacer.png

4 hours ago, byzantium said:

Well if you go around flaunting that you might not pay your bill every time it becomes due, lenders might get a little worried about your willingness to pay. 

but.....they do. The US still hasn't defaulted on its bills even with all the messiness. This downgrade just seems petty for no reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.