Republic CEO: Taylormania in full force; unprecedented dominance in the industry

The Music Industry

13 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

The way the term “Taylormania” is slowly but surely catching on. We are lucky to be living during this reign 

spacer.png

ATRL's impact 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

It’ll be apparent even to her detractors soon enough. It’s inevitable. 

2 hours ago, tshwark said:

LIES

Adele_-_25_(Official_Album_Cover).png

That era lasted like 10 weeks. Taylormania has been going on for the past 2 years already

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, =NEX= said:

That era lasted like 10 weeks. Taylormania has been going on for the past 2 years already

Right, and what makes it so unique is the fact that Taylor isn't just smashing because of one project. She has MULTIPLE projects all smashing at the same time, with 4 albums in the top 10 :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Music Industry said:

Right, and what makes it so unique is the fact that Taylor isn't just smashing because of one project. She has MULTIPLE projects all smashing at the same time, with 4 albums in the top 10 :deadbanana2:

I mean if Beyonce, Adele etc re-recorded and re-released their albums they would chart highly too. Especially in the era of streaming when people don't have to buy and pay for the albums, they just stream the songs.

Edited by midnightdawn
  • Thumbs Down 2

Taylor is truly a master of mass culture :clap3:  The way she's managed to standardize her music in a formulaic, mass-produced way to be entertaining and simplistic in order to be consumed by a mass audience is akin to other global products like Coca Cola and H&M. Queen.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

37 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They should try charting their original albums first so they can challenge with re-recordings later 

Like... :deadbanana4:

Just now, Tropical said:

Taylor is truly a master of mass culture :clap3:  The way she's managed to standardize her music in a formulaic, mass-produced way to be entertaining and simplistic in order to be consumed by a mass audience is akin to other global products like Coca Cola and H&M. Queen.

me when I’m coping :'(

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tropical said:

ezgif-2-8d1724de9e.thumb.gif.330136e8893

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, midnightdawn said:

I mean if Beyonce, Adele etc re-recorded and re-released their albums they would chart highly too. Especially in the era of streaming when people don't have to buy and pay for the albums, they just stream the songs.

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

They should try charting their original albums first so they can challenge with re-recordings later 

7LwyOYV.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Adele's happy with her diamond album. Not everyone has that.

• Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

Well they didn’t and here we are, in this reality

22 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I mean…:skull:

I absolutely love Adele, but I’m not sure why ATRL keeps trying this. 

19 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Now hold on :bibliahh:

17 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

Well, thank God Taylor has 2 as well. 

On 8/1/2023 at 2:36 PM, Nashe said:

Adele most likely could've done that after 21 and 25 though. 

Adele can barely commit to launching a Vegas residency  :ahh: Imagine thinking she could ever tour on the scale of the Eras Tour. 

Adele’s fourth album was also a massive decline, and actually tanked her recurrent stats, which were previously better. Meanwhile Taylor has four albums in the top 10 simultaneously. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think its becoming clear day by day that Taylor knows this and will capitalize on it to the max.

Knowing how important her career is to her shes not stopping until she beats every solo artists record on the charts I fear.

29 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

And if her original shady label just cared, shed be neck deep in 4 soon enough (debut, RED, Fearless, 1989)

19 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Adele can barely commit to launching a Vegas residency  :ahh: Imagine thinking she could ever tour on the scale of the Eras Tour. 

Adele’s fourth album was also a massive decline, and actually tanked her recurrent stats, which were previously better. Meanwhile Taylor has four albums in the top 10 simultaneously. 

The way 30 hurt 25 and 21s numbers needs to be studied I fear

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:53 AM, midnightdawn said:

I mean if Beyonce, Adele etc re-recorded and re-released their albums they would chart highly too. 

Good luck with that! It would be surprising given how their latest albums albums performed though

Big Machine really should have negotiated with her. Think of how much money they are missing out on lmao. I bet the label will collapse soon if it hasn’t already.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, =NEX= said:

10 weeks and crossed 17.4M by the end of 2015 so  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.