Republic CEO: Taylormania in full force; unprecedented dominance in the industry

The Music Industry

How to explain this degree of Taylormania? “It’s very simple as far as I’m concerned,” says Monte Lipman, chief executive of Swift’s label, Republic Records. “Taylor is the consummate storyteller and songwriter.” Lipman points to the “honesty and authenticity of her songs” and identifies “a bedrock of trust, respect and loyalty” as the basis of Swift’s relationship with her audience, which he says “goes way beyond any one genre of music or community.”

Adds the exec, whose company also counts Drake, the Weeknd, Post Malone and Morgan Wallen among its acts: “Taylor’s level of domination across every facet of our business is unprecedented.”

(...)

“I mean, the last artist who could effortlessly sell out stadiums and was simultaneously on top of their game in terms of the zeitgeist of popular music — the name that comes to my mind is Michael Jackson,” he says. “This is really like the ‘Thriller’ era.”

Thoughts?

3lMq.gif

Edited by The Music Industry
  • Like 9

She truly is the music industry.

I don’t think they know how to handle her success tbh. Everything lately has been unprecedented with her music. All of her albums are literally charting with 4 of them in the top 10 recently. Her re-recordings + Midnights album + Tour + Speak Now TV release have all collided. I don’t even know what era she is in considering Cruel Summer, a 4 year old song, is #1 :rip: I don’t even think overexposure has any negative effects on her at this point. She’s just unstoppable, like a growing hurricane with no limits or barriers to stop it. She’s carrying the entire industry literally on her back. Republic doesn’t even have to flex a muscle.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 12

By our business, I think he meant the music industry, not just his label. That's typically what people mean when they say that.

3 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

By our business, I think he meant the music industry, not just his label. That's typically what people mean when they say that.

Oop edited the title :clap3:

Funniest thing of all

They didn't have to try hard. Cruel Summer gained on radio itself before impact. Eras Tour went viral from the day pre sales started.

Her catalog increased in streams a day before Tour and from there ,they just kept on increasing 

Her albums charting without any push. It's just too organic :jonnycat:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I don’t think they know how to handle her success tbh. Everything lately has been unprecedented with her music. All of her albums are literally charting with 4 of them in the top 10 recently. Her re-recordings + Midnights album + Tour + Speak Now TV release have all collided. I don’t even know what era she is in considering Cruel Summer, a 4 year old song, is #1 :rip: I don’t even think overexposure has any negative effects on her at this point. She’s just unstoppable, like a growing hurricane with no limits or barriers to stop it. She’s carrying the entire industry literally on her back. Republic doesn’t even have to flex a muscle.

Honestly her success is kinda scary :deadbanana4: because there's so much interest for her entire discography, it very often feels like things are all over the place (I mean are we in the Lover era? in the SNTV era? in the Midnights era? and now august is coming to smash too  :deadbanana4:). A part of me misses when she had one definitive era at a time that people concentrated on. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Honestly her success is kinda scary :deadbanana4: because there's so much interest for her entire discography, it very often feels like things are all over the place (I mean are we in the Lover era? in the SNTV era? in the Midnights era? and now august is coming to smash too  :deadbanana4:). A part of me misses when she had one definitive era at a time that people concentrated on. 

Ig we are in Eras Era till TS11 releases :gaycat:

• Like 1

She really is unstoppable, just imagine the collapse if she used her power to infiltrate politics or something like that

spacer.png

Spoiler

obv her team will never allow that, but I would like to see the impact regardless lol

Unfortunately though I can see ticket providers using that as an excuse to charge even more extortionate prices for her future tours  :dancehall:  At least in Europe I think the ticket prices were somewhat affordable - still inflated but nothing compared to the US shows

I mean when even the (arguably) biggest label in the industry is making claims like that, it sure means something. 

It's true that since Midnights' release, but especially since the start of the Eras Tour, her success has been completely mind blowing. To the point it's even hard imagining her flopping now, even if it's obviously inevitable that she'll progressively get there sometime. 

• Like 2

I mean…water is wet. This is why she needs to snatch that 1b grossing tour. It’s only fitting. 

the fact that we’ve yet to get 1989 TV.

im not sure I’m ready for her version of the perfection that is blank space.

is the world ready?

She’s gonna easily snatch AOTY this decade. Good for her. 

it seems like it goes fro male to female each decade.

80s Michael Jackson 

90s Mariah

00s Eminem

10s Drake

20s Taylor swift

And all this despite people question if she is „global“, or that her singles have tumbled down the charts after the initial #1 week.

-She has a chance to win IFPI Top Global Recording Artist 2022, 2023 and 2024, means she is the past, the present and the future of the music business

- Easily ends the year on 20B+ Spotify streams

-She is (by far) on the biggest grossing tour ever 

-Her last album had a 1,6 Million unit debut and she owned the whole top10

- She is on her way to become a billionaire

- She is a top favorite at the award shows

- Combining all social media, she is one of the 7 most followed people ever

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, slw84 said:

water is wet.

it quite literally isn’t though :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

“I mean, the last artist who could effortlessly sell out stadiums and was simultaneously on top of their game in terms of the zeitgeist of popular music — the name that comes to my mind is Michael Jackson,” he says. “This is really like the ‘Thriller’ era.”

Facts I fear.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Facts I fear.

Adele most likely could've done that after 21 and 25 though. 

1 minute ago, Nashe said:

Adele most likely could've done that after 21 and 25 though. 

Would've, could've, should've but didn't so why are we talking about Adele here? 

• Like 6

now she should run for president and put that power to good use rather than just evolving her capital

Edited by Asscatchem

The way the term “Taylormania” is slowly but surely catching on. We are lucky to be living during this reign 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Taylor “The Industry” Swift :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.