• Keep Dancin On Me
    • Tell Me What Your Name Is
    • Turn It Up featuring Usher
    • Livin It Up featuring Nicki Minaj
    • Overdose
    • Give Me Love
    • Freak Me featuring Missy Elliott
    • Na Na

As we all know from Fantasy Ride onwards her management and promotion has been a mess. From lack of label support, to poor single choices, delays and Future have really done a number on her artistry and status. So if we C-Squad could rihrite historih and prevent C-Error from happening what would you have done?

Turn it Up not being released as a single when Usher was smashing left and right will forever be one of the biggest mistakes. At the very least it would have been a Top 40 hit, although likely much higher.

I always thought Lullaby would’ve been a good moment for her during Jackie. They really botched that era, one of her better albums.

• ATRL Moderator

Hotline was an obvious smash waiting but Ciara wanted to release And I. She's been making the wrong decisions since her debut :rip:

Fantasy Ride should've gone something like this

Turntables: summer 2008

Tell Me What Your Name Is: fall 2008

Keep Dancing On Me: fall 2009 (after Go Girl, Love Sex Magic, and Work)

Turn It Up would've at the very least been a top 40 hit. This definitely had to be sabotage by the label because they also kept her off Hot Tottie (+ the remix).

Living It Up and Overdose were SMASHES. I'm pretty sure the beach video that she never released was for Living It Up... I truly don't understand why it didn't get released. And honestly, Nicki was never needed on this song.

Give Me Love also deserved its moment, a global smash. Only One would've also been a hit imo. One Woman Army (just the song) would've been cute in 2012 like originally planned.

There's a lot of missed opportunities and I always get so upset thinking about how she was treated. I hope tells the full story one day.

• Like 2

Turntables would’ve smashed in 2009 had it not been for the Chris Brown incident. But she also had a couple songs smashing on their own that she just didn’t release!

I’m On debuted at #79 in the Canadian Hot 100 the week the album released as an album track and “Ciara To The Stage” bubbled under the Hot 100 that same week.

”Go Girl”, “Never Ever” and “Work” were poor singles choices and were being outperformed by non singles :jonnycat:

Edited by CristianGarcia

14 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

”Go Girl”, “Never Ever” and “Work” were poor singles choices and were being outperformed by non singles

Honestly she chose arts over charts and made three of the greatest music videos of all time. :jonny6::jonny6::jonny6:

Fantasy Ride: G is for Girl, Tell me what your name is

Basic Instinct: Turn It Up, I Run It 

Ciara: Live It Up, Super Turnt Up, Overdose, Where U Go

50 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hotline was an obvious smash waiting but Ciara wanted to release And I. She's been making the wrong decisions since her debut :rip:

Fantasy Ride should've gone something like this

Turntables: summer 2008

Tell Me What Your Name Is: fall 2008

Keep Dancing On Me: fall 2009 (after Go Girl, Love Sex Magic, and Work)

Turn It Up would've at the very least been a top 40 hit. This definitely had to be sabotage by the label because they also kept her off Hot Tottie (+ the remix).

Living It Up and Overdose were SMASHES. I'm pretty sure the beach video that she never released was for Living It Up... I truly don't understand why it didn't get released. And honestly, Nicki was never needed on this song.

Give Me Love also deserved its moment, a global smash. Only One would've also been a hit imo. One Woman Army (just the song) would've been cute in 2012 like originally planned.

There's a lot of missed opportunities and I always get so upset thinking about how she was treated. I hope tells the full story one day.

The hit that got away from Fantasy Ride was G Is For Girl

She should have remixed it w someone like TI or Lil Wayne - or even Ludacris 

1st single : Love Sex Magic

2nd single : G Is For Girl remix

3rd single : Tell Me What Your Name Is

4th single (urban AC) : Keep Dancing on Me or Like a Surgeon or Never Ever

------

Ciara

1st single: Body Party

2nd single: Living It Up f Nicki Minaj (if they choose between 2 Nicki collabs this would have been a bigger hit)

3rd single: Where You Go f Future

4th single: Overdose

5th single: Super Turnt Up

Ciara unfortunately has a bad ear for music which she confirmed once she went independent and it’s really bad at choosing songs/singles
Goodies: Hotline and Pick Up The Phone instead of And I

Evolution: Had great singles 

Fantasy Ride: Surgeon, Turntables 

Basic Instinct: Turn It Up and Heavy Rotation

Ciara: Overdose and Living It Up, DUI

Jackie: -

Beauty Marks: NaNa and Freak Me

It's insane that Overdose wasn't a single.

Kiss & Tell and Lullaby from Jackie should also have been singles, especially the former.

A little G to the H to the E to the T to the T to the O. Im just ghetto. Im just me. :jamming: I loved that song as a kid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.