• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pride4jc1222

• Ger

• HEAVYONIT

• Green

1 hour ago, MusicLoverDude said:

This feels sexist because they never took this long with male k-pop acts :biblionny:

They did it with Seventeen too and they lost the #1 for fraudulent sales

They need to remove sales from the Hot 100 formula and bring back UGC to give streaming more power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I think BB is really started to crack down on Kpop physical sales which are super inflated

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

I think BB is really started to crack down on Kpop physical sales which are super inflated

I knew that sales were super-inflated when HTE blocked Planet Her from getting the #1, even though PH was clearly the more popular album that week. That was the moment when Billboard needed to crack down on sales.

14 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I knew that sales were super-inflated when HTE blocked Planet Her from getting the #1, even though PH was clearly the more popular album that week. That was the moment when Billboard needed to crack down on sales.

When was PH ever blocked from #1 by HTE

24 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Sales are not inflated as an entity, never said that. Kpop sales specifically are bulk bought by fans which is why they are topping BB200 for 1 week with 6 figure sales then disappear from the charts. 

The UK has a good rule about disqualifying albums that incentivize bill buying albums like Kpop albums do. I think BB needs to incorporate something

12 minutes ago, mintpasty said:

When was PH ever blocked from #1 by HTE

www.billboard.com/articles/news/9618188/billie-eilish-happier-than-ever-tops-billboard-200-albums-chart-third-week/

Pretty funny how HTE never charted higher than PH after that week.

Billboard 200

1. NewJeans - 'NewJeans 2nd EP 'Get Up'' 126,5000 (101.5k pure)

2. Various Artists - 'Barbie The Album' 126,000

3. Morgan Wallen - 'One Thing at a Time' 103,000

4. Taylor Swift - 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version) 79,000

5. Peso Pluma - 'GÉNESIS' 53,000

6. Taylor Swift - 'Midnights' 49,000

7. Morgan Wallen - 'Dangerous: The Double Album' 47,000

8. Greta Van Fleet - 'Starcatcher' 45,500

9. SZA - 'SOS' 42,000

10. Taylor Swift - 'Lover' 42,000

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/newjeans-get-up-number-one-billboard-200-1235383894/

Edited by Ger-55
  • Like 1

Gonna validate their strategy even more, making them feel each copy bought really counted given that tiny margin :celestial3:

1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

the better album won

QueenofCopyPaste

YESS NEWJEANS!

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

They need to remove sales from the Hot 100 formula and bring back UGC to give streaming more power.

i think we should look at radio first  

congrats new jennies

QueenofCopyPaste

Mi gente bunnies

jlo-mi.gif

they did it:clap3:

Edited by TheCal

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

yet they won’t do that with western acts like taylor that have her fans buying 5-8 versions of the same album :coffee2: it def feels xenophobic. kpop fans buy multiple copies of the same album but there are western singers that have their bases doing the same thing and they never pull that **** with them.

glad newjeans was able to come thru even with billboard trying to snatch the #1 from them tho. they’re totally killing the game and taking the kpop world by storm so it’s nice to see them conquering this milestone. 

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 8

5 minutes ago, Katamari said:

i think we should look at radio first  

Yeah, radio’s weight should be lowered, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn’t throwing off the accuracy of the charts the way sales are. As we have seen the past two weeks (with Seven and TTiaST), all it takes is several thousand sales to beat out millions of streams and radio listeners.

Not 500 copies :noparty: Barbie deserved #1 it was everywhere 

• Thumbs Down 2

Congrats to New Jeans. This was probably the only chance for Barbie to go #1 but it'll serve longevity :clap3:

is anyone relevant dropping in August or will GUTS be our next big album?

QueenofCopyPaste

QueenofCopyPaste
10 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

is anyone relevant dropping in August or will GUTS be our next big album?

QueenofCopyPaste

August 11/18 - Drake

Lord the obession to get rid of SALES FOR ALBUMS is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard (even though I hear it constantly from the same 2 ppl).

You can say that about singles but physical albums are still bought by people and are expensive af, imagine telling someone "oh yes your sale won't count because I don't think it should affect BB sales chart" :rip: gtfoh

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh so it was CLOSE close. They got rid of quite a few units for New Jeans since it was around 140k right???

img_6471-gif.4990201

Congrats to New Jeans I guess.

I kind of feel like Barbie SDTK might be able to pull it out contingent upon Travis' 2nd or 3rd week before Drake releases.

Unless someone else big is relating this or next week

Taylor's Lover sitting steady. Casual.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.