How did I know this was going to be on Twitter? :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

they didnt just throw "white savior barbie" in the movie for nothing :WAP:

Edited by truthteller

4 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

How did I know this was going to be on Twitter? :gaycat6:

1 minute ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

1.3 k likes :rip: 

Are you guys going to respond to any ideas in the article? 

• Thumbs Down 1

It feels like there are perpetually online people that live to get upset.  Quite honestly, I thought it was nice for the film to point out how colonialism is both cultural in addition to political/militaristic. 

Edited by byzantium

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

It feels like there are perpetually online people that live to get upset.  

So you think Native American authors and activists live perpetually online just to get upset? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

So you think Native American authors and activists live perpetually online just to get upset? 

I believe there are a diversity of people from every demographic with varied viewpoints.  

I blame American schools, they “white wash” history and  gloss over how small pox was purposely used to kill and threaten natives. They make it sound like Europeans just came infected and got NA’s sick by accident. 

• Like 6

this movie is totally gonna be hated in film twitter like 6 months from now :rip: 

I saw this movie yesterday for the first time and the small pox comment did stick out to me but it didn't come off like a joke? It sounded more out of place than anything. Like them trying to force that in as a nod to all the other progressive ideology sprinkled throughout the film. Weird how a comment they probably added in to avoid a situation like this, only made people more mad :rip:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Are you guys going to respond to any ideas in the article? 

No. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Danny789 said:

I blame American schools, they “white wash” history and  gloss over how small pox was purposely used to kill and threaten natives. They make it sound like Europeans just came infected and got NA’s sick by accident. 

They know history but they made a joke about It..cause you know...comedy. 

On 8/1/2023 at 1:15 AM, Price of Fame said:

this movie is totally gonna be hated in film twitter like 6 months from now :rip: 

They like it now cuz its actually good and its smashing but when this film starts getting Oscar nominations (if ever), the backlash from them will start lmao. 

The line was obviously included to make a point about men’s tendencies to destroy communities and societies :rip:

literally who cares

8 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

literally who cares

Indigenous people

• Like 1

I don't even remember the joke and I watched the movie yesterday and I'm pretty sure most people forgot it as well, some bigger fishes need to be fried 

Edited by playboi

Hm. I see the point BUT the comment in the film is meant to be a bit ridiculous; the tone is extreme and ironic. 

To reduce the film to just this is not okay, imo. It's also annoying to see female fronted / queer films attacked ruthlessly for things that straight nonsense gets away with all the time. Point it out, sure, but be realistic, please. 

• 4 weeks later...

Edited by GraceRandolph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.