Better actress : Margot Robbie or Lady Gaga?

GentleDance

Better actress : Margot Robbie or Lady Gaga  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Better?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leptine

• bjorn

• Odeon

• Lovett

Gaga could and will play Harley. But margot could NEVER write Bad Romance/Poker Face/Shallow/Heavy Metal Lover. It's obvious who the more talented woman is. / thread

J9jhP70.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 21

Are you serious? Lmao 

Gaga is mediocre at best let’s not kid ourselves. 

Margot is top tier up with the best cate blanchett, methyl Streep, Nicole kidmans etc 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 18

This thread is like....a year early

• Like 1

Margot is the best actress of this decade.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

:rip:

I'm a DC Comics fanboy through and through, and I love way Margot Robbie brought Harley Quinn to life—so... and she was really great in Barbie, especially in the more emotional or introspective moments.

31f2d350050ad13eda49fa7e2003a1a9.gif

I'm looking forward to Gaga's portrayal of Harley Quinn, though. I don't feel as though it'll be traditional, but it could potentially be just as amazing as Margot's—if not better. We'll see, they're both great actresses.

I only use (rarely) Gaga in music and idk Magot. So none :celestial5:

The suddenly Margot stans here. :redface: So random. :deadbanana4:

I'll go for Gaga, I feel she's more complete than Margot although I love Margot as an actress as well. :gaycat:

Margot obviously :rip:

Her acting in The Wolf of Wall Street alone >>

I, Tonya is one of the best movies of the last decade

• Like 3

Margot sweetie

lady-gaga-ahs.gif

Dumb thread and senseless comparison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Gaga the acting standard for the pop girls :giraffe:

Already comparing her acting debut to seasoned actresses

Anyways this is a low effort thread for the OGHs to get their quick lil votes and drags in :coffee2:

• Like 1

I think what separates Gaga and Robbie as actresses is that I've always felt that Gaga takes herself WAY too seriously. It absolutely works when the project calls for a complete character reinvention (something absolute unlike her) like Ally in ASIB, that was an amazing performance because the nature and the story of her character is absolutely different from the Gaga we see as a public figure. But you look at Gucci and it just falls apart, she's playing a caricature almost. The film presents as serious but her eccentricity is just turned up too high of a notch that it distracts from the tone of the film.

With Robbie you can clearly tell that she has skin in the game. She's beautiful, very conventionally so, its in her best interest to never be way too pretentious with her roles and it shows. She's amazing at playing blonde bimbos (Barbie isn't a bimbo lets not), psychopathic individuals, both heightened (Harley) and irl (Tonya Harding), gets down with doing serious emotional roles as well.

All in all their talents as actors are incomparable. Robbie and 99% of Hollywood would've never been able to do ASIB or any musical film with that level of vocal competence and still keep the audiences completely engaged with Ally as a person. But I also think Gaga would never be able to fully let her serious theater girl personality go that she would ever fully immerse herself in a role as bombastic and larger than life as say, Stereotypical Barbie or DCEU Harley Quinn (which we know, her Harley is absolutely going to be way more serious)

Sparksfly88

Gaga is mediocre, Margot is a talented actress.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Margot Robbie without a doubt. She can act.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

The one that is acting because it's her job and not because her other gig got cancelled

Afaik Margot voluntarily quit her job as a sandwich artist at Subway, it was never cancelled.

yLBJfPh.thumb.gif.285e49eec9f9a16003d41c

• Haha 4

Gaga obviously

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.