• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• supaspaz

• naval23

• halcyonday

3 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Well she did that and worked with Max Martin, Shellback, Sia and Stargate but still flopped :skull:

I guess Luke and Bonnie were the ones to bring the magic

Let’s be real. Bonnie brought the magic. She was attached to Luke and so she didn’t come back for witness. Max has written on songs like I Kissed A Girl, Roar, and Dark Horse. He also wrote on Chained To The Rhythm so… questionable taste 

10 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I just don’t get why she wouldn’t call up the team from Teenage Dream (minus Dr. Luke) because they did some great work together. 

"Witness" has practically many of the same people from Teenage Dream and Prism albums + new producers who were "big" at the time. 

Katy Perry could have pulled off the "purposeful" pop if she had catchy hit songs, but only the lead single was in the top 5 of the Hot 100; because lets face it, not everyone can understand english.

Out of all of Katy Perry's Hot 100 #1's only ONE of them was NOT produced by Dr. Luke(Firework). Katy was reliant on Dr. Luke for hits. 

Edited by Junipero

Witness & Smile deserved better I said what I said! :noparty:

Katy's downfall was NOT caused by the Taylor feud or the album gap.

We all need to be in consensus that Katy had neither the fanbase loyalty nor the GP interest to embrace such a dramatic image overhaul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.