• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• supaspaz

• naval23

• Chris

In the eye of the GP, they just think "oh where has she been all these years, I remember her Firework song". Most dont know she flopped hard.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 2

1) She didn't disappear 

2) She just flopped and back to back 2 albums.

• Like 1

Maybe the ear wax needs to be removed

• Haha 1

Honestly her face in that picture looks like she wants to leave but they won't let her

Edited by getBusy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I know "Never Really Over" hit #15 but it really should have been bigger.

• Like 1

You know it’s bad when the GP has zero recollection of your latest releases with multiple performances :deadbanana4:

• Haha 8

Ummm not working with Dr Luke, her baby, changing her look drastically, being weird and preachy with Witness. No one wants to hear critiques on society from rich white out of touch celebrities

• Like 4

I feel bad for her but it really all did come down to her appearance changing. I think she could have pulled off a million different style changes for Witness but it's the specific mom vibe she went for, it really didn't match up with the hey my fellow teenagers type music she was putting out. Just all around horrible execution :rip: Witness wasn't even that bad of an album but there was a complete disconnect between the new look and the music, it instantly killed the youthful katy perry character that she sold all her past music on and you can't just get that back by grabbing the black wig.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, D.Va said:

The gp failed her but she also failed HERSELF when she didn't use Never Really Over's momentum and dropped ******* SMALL TALK.

she had one last chance with NRO (Which was still a bit mid in its commercial performance lbr) and didnt release an album and thought small talk would be a hit. Seeing katy have a hit again and hearing it all over the radio was still surreal, but felt like her feel this moment final hurrah for her career.

This is some gaslighting BS. She’s released 2 albums in the last 6 years and the GP/critics alike were RUTHLESS to her both eras in a manner that went way beyond “I don’t like her new album”. They attacked her on all fronts and called her a fad, washed up, over, etc all types of terrible, dare I say sexist things. That GP that is asking “why did she disappear from music” when they are the ones who probably has her terrified to release another new album.

The viciousness towards her was to the point I think she is kinda owed an apology.

• Like 1

Maybe they should’ve bought her music

She didn't vanish, she has been releasing singles, collabs and albums, it's just that the GP doesn't care :deadbanana2:

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Like 1

The opinions of random twinks on Twitter hold so much weight nowadays 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Witness + Small Talk killed her with the GP and she still hasn't recovered

troye-rush.thumb.gif.27de71910b162fadd27

The way nothing she does nowadays makes any noise, even the meme gifs dried up :dies:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not even good for a throwback smh 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Vanished or flopped 

This says a lot about the performance of her latest releses

Edited by GentleEarthquake

1 hour ago, truthteller said:

karma works in many ways i fear

And not just on that this front either but the accusations from her music video co-star, her legal fights, and allying herself with Rick Caruso and Joe Rogan. Maybe she figured since Witness that she had nothing to lose by revealing more of how she truly felt on numerous fronts. I don't think she's owed any apology as some others here have said. She's doing just fine with her residuals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.