Most successful 8th album: Anti x folklore x Music?

sasashite

Which is bigger?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Rihanna - Anti
    • Taylor Swift - folklore
    • Madonna - Music

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airplane

• Raspberries

• Axelios

• FolkLover1989

Folklore, Anti, Music…in that order. 

Music was massive in Europe, but the other two were bigger in the US which evens things out.  

Edited by byzantium

Music had bigger hits and was more global than Folklore, as was Anti. It's kinda close between Anti and Music so either of those. Folklore had no impact and went nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

1 hour ago, Insanity said:

Music sold 13m worldwide I don't think Folklore has reached that yet

I don't think it's even at half of that and even if it were, those would be comprised of a majority of inflated "streaming units" compared with Music selling 13M+ in individual sales. I don't think any Taylor album has reached that total in pure sales - maybe 1989.

• Thumbs Down 4

3 minutes ago, besaid said:

I don't think it's even at half of that and even if it were, those would be comprised of a majority of inflated "streaming units" compared with Music selling 13M+ in individual sales. I don't think any Taylor album has reached that total in pure sales - maybe 1989.

It's almost as if we're not in 2000 anymore! :ducky:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Axelios said:

Anti >= Folklore (will surpass it in the future) > Music.

I can already see the tired "Music sold more!!!" arguments used to claim it is bigger when Music was probably not even among the top 10 biggest albums of its year unlike Anti and Folklore.

Music was the #1 song WW of 2000.  By today's standards, the points from that alone would place the album in the Top 10.

10 minutes ago, besaid said:

Music had bigger hits and was more global than Folklore, as was Anti. It's kinda close between Anti and Music so either of those. Folklore had no impact and went nowhere.

How is Anti more global than Foklore ? Outside the US Folklore sold more units, if anything its US success is what makes Anti bigger for now.

4 minutes ago, spree said:

Music was the #1 song WW of 2000.  By today's standards, the points from that alone would place the album in the Top 10.

No, Miley Cyrus ESV will be lucky to be in the top 20 albums of this year despite Flowers probably ending at #1.

And I doubt Music was really the #1 song WW in 2000. It made literally 0 decade end charts and didn't have remarkable ranks in year end charts

Edited by Axelios
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one that makes the people come together and mixes the bourgeoisie and the rebel :gaydonnacat1:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, simplywohoo said:

how are people NOT voting music? :deadbanana4: delulus

most of this site doesn't listen to music released before 2007 i swear

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

17 minutes ago, Axelios said:

No, Miley Cyrus ESV will be lucky to be in the top 20 albums of this year despite Flowers probably ending at #1.

And I doubt Music was really the #1 song WW in 2000. It made literally 0 decade end charts and didn't have remarkable ranks in year end charts

its literally right here:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/countdown2000.htm

39 minutes ago, besaid said:

per chartmasters which i know isn't the most reliable folklore is at 10m but thats up for debate on how trustworthy it is,, Music is at 13m

19 minutes ago, spree said:

its literally right here:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/countdown2000.htm

Is it reliable?

Anyway it doesn't matter. Music still wasn't among the top 10 best selling albums of its year despite that and the streaming era wouldn't help given that a even a very big hit doesn't give that much sps units on its own as shown by ESV sales and chart run despite Flowers success or Tones and I with Dance Monkeys.

Edited by Axelios

Swifties wanna use Chartmasters so bad when it works in their favor but then are presented with objective metrics as to why Music is bigger than folklore right now but then it’s ‘no that doesnt count’ :bibliahh:the most DELUSIONAL fanbase of all time hunny lock them up 

• Haha 1

At the moment Music is the biggest out of the three albums. 
However, folklore is on track to overtake Music soon. 

Edited by Velvet Night

Music is the biggest album globally. ANTI had the biggest hits ww. Folklore was bigger in the USA. 

istan4MUAriri using certs so he can include the free 1M Samsung copies :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Swifties wanna use Chartmasters so bad when it works in their favor but then are presented with objective metrics as to why Music is bigger than folklore right now but then it’s ‘no that doesnt count’ :bibliahh:the most DELUSIONAL fanbase of all time hunny lock them up 

You really have no idea how to analyze data do you? :rip:

11M in 3 years is by far more impressive than 14M in 23 years :rip: 

• Like 1

Objectively, ANTI. The hits and album SPS are speaking for itself. folklore is coming though.

4 hours ago, Madonno said:

Well, you're the moroon

:rip: :rip:

7 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Objectively, ANTI. The hits and album SPS are speaking for itself. folklore is coming though.

Folklore has slightly higher sps globally and the gap will grow. Anti is only higher in the US.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.