Most successful 8th album: Anti x folklore x Music?

sasashite

Which is bigger?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Rihanna - Anti
    • Taylor Swift - folklore
    • Madonna - Music

1 hour ago, Miss Americana said:

Anti peaked at #7 in the UK, the second biggest international market:ahh: . Aside from the US and Canada, it reached #1 in only one other country, Norway. :deadbanana4:

Y'all are really on page 30 rehashing the same points from twenty pages ago :deadbanana4:

Despite the tonnes of music and the tour swifties don't really seem to have much of anything to do other than be bitter and argue :rip:

• Like 2

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airplane

• Raspberries

• Axelios

• FolkLover1989

2 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

Anti was international and global with a longevity to boot. I am sorry but where did you get the idea, that Anti was not anything other than worldwide and far-reaching. It literally sold more globally than it did in America. Literally it is the 4th longest charting album by a female artist on Billboard.

I think you had enough receipts and evidence in this thread of what I'm saying :skull:

ANTI didn't do great numbers outside the US compared to her previous albums and thats a fact.... Look at the chartruns,YE placements and you'll get it :cm:

44 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Anti was released in the streaming era. All you need is one or two big hits and you can chart forever. If we’re talking about the actual sales chart then it charted for 65 weeks. Which is on par with unapologetic’s 59 weeks.  Billboard in 2012 was pure sales only. So once your album stops selling it stops charting.

Okay, that's a point :clap3:

The thread is still discussing about eras.

Music obviously... I mean it had global smash hit singles on top of great sales. The other two only had one of these two elements.

Edited by KillingYourCareer
  • Thanks 1

The way I left this thread on page 6 thinking that was it and it would die soon, only to come back after a busy weekend and it’s 31 pages :deadbanana2:

Not you all still discussing 

If I left the thread , I left for a reason

There is no way you can convince each other , leave it :deadbanana4:

On 7/31/2023 at 4:59 PM, Mystic Boy said:

I think you had enough receipts and evidence in this thread of what I'm saying :skull:

ANTI didn't do great numbers outside the US compared to her previous albums and thats a fact.... Look at the chartruns,YE placements and you'll get it :cm:

initially, yes, but it ended up performing better than Unapologetic, Rated R, and her first 2 albums, internationally. It might also overtake TTT eventually

Certified units outside the US

Good Girl Gone Bad - 4,919m

Loud - 3,623m

Talk That Talk - 1,468m

Anti - 1,375m

Unapologetic - 1,343m

A Girl Like Me - 1,297m

Rated R - 1,170m

Music Of The Sun - 407k

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2023 at 2:09 PM, wastedpotential said:

It had bigger hits, sure, but Cardigan (1.7M) does more streams than LOTB (600k), Needed Me (450k), Work (300k), and KIB (250k) on Spotify every day combined, so those big hits have obviously not lasted.

Ik this is an old-ass comment and I'm not trying to reignite some argument but I just remembered it while looking at current numbers: LOTB is now averaging over 800k streams daily, Needed Me's at around 640k, Work's at 350k, and KIB's at 300k. I'd say these big hits have obviously lasted. :jonny:

We should just stop making polls. Swifties have invaded ATRL and ruin every poll these days :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.