Most successful 8th album: Anti x folklore x Music?

sasashite

Which is bigger?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Rihanna - Anti
    • Taylor Swift - folklore
    • Madonna - Music

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Objectively 

Music - 13,963,000 (+110)

Folklore - 10,838,000 (+9,790)

Anti - 10,593,000 (+3,040)

Lemme guess… chartmasters.org ?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• airplane

• Raspberries

• Axelios

• FolkLover1989

56 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

"objectively" when there's not a single objective metric where Anti is ahead of folklore :rip: folklore has already overtaken Anti's total worldwide units and is STILL top 10 on the Billboard 200. You are the one who needs to be serious :katie:

55 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Objectively Anti has less units than Folklore and even less units if subtract US which you all consider Taylor's biggest market

44 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

folklore has already moved more units WW than ANTI despite coming out 4.5 years later :deadbanana2: In what reality are you being objective?

Shall we compare the global certified units ladies ?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Love Again said:

@The Music Industry you need to accept that Taylor can’t have all her albums be the most succesful of all time. I know that that is a hard concept for you to grasp since you have no personality aside from shoving Taylor’s numbers down everyone throats but the sooner you accept it the better. You look delusional downvoting anyone who doesnt kiss your faves ass :priceless:

? The meltdown because I disagreed with your post :priceless:

You quoted a post using data to prove folklore is bigger and then just basically replied "I don't care it's not bigger end of story". Like... Why are you so gagged that people are using actual facts and objective metrics to give a sensible answer to the question the OP asked? "No personality aside from shoving Taylor's numbers" when the OP is quite literally asking which album is bigger. What do you want us to use? Vibes? Personal feelings? Would you like that? :priceless:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

And why would we do that when only a handful of countries actually have certifications, and more often than not they are not automatic/not updated? :priceless: Simply using certifications would paint an obvious inaccurate picture, depicting only partial out-of-date units from only a selected few markets around the globe. Be so for real :priceless:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Certified units (units that are, you know… actually official)

Anti - 7,375m (1,375m outside the US)

folklore - 2,518m (518m outside the US)

💀 but I thought…? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

? The meltdown because I disagreed with your post :priceless:

You quoted a post using data to prove folklore is bigger and then just basically replied "I don't care it's not bigger end of story". Like... Why are you so gagged that people are using actual facts and objective metrics to give a sensible answer to the question the OP asked? "No personality aside from shoving Taylor's numbers" when the OP is quite literally asking which album is bigger. What do you want us to use? Vibes? Personal feelings? Would you like that? :priceless:

Objective metrics

Chartmasters

11 Music Music 10,700,000 1,723,000 1,452,000
(4,840,000)
(1,340,000)
(07/23/23)
Av.: 90
LD: 110

9 Folklore Folklore 2,951,000 1,142,000 9,000
(30,000)
(550,000)
(07/23/23)
Av.: 8,930
LD: 9,790

There you go! 

Just now, istan4badgalriri said:

💀 but I thought…? 

folklore moved 4,660,000 units based solely on Billboard, and is still gaining rapidly every single week. Do you not realize how cretinous it sounds to then go ahead and argue that we should use out-of-date certifications where folklore's worldwide total is barely half of its actual, factual, US units? :priceless: Surely you can find something better and less botched to push for your fav's album? 

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Objective metrics

Chartmasters

11 Music Music 10,700,000 1,723,000 1,452,000
(4,840,000)
(1,340,000)
(07/23/23)
Av.: 90
LD: 110

9 Folklore Folklore 2,951,000 1,142,000 9,000
(30,000)
(550,000)
(07/23/23)
Av.: 8,930
LD: 9,790

There you go! 

Why yes, this objective metric is quite literally showing you that in less than a year, Folklore, a 3 year-old album, will have moved more global units already than Music, a 23 year-old album. Thanks for pointing it out! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

9 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

And why would we do that when only a handful of countries actually have certifications, and more often than not they are not automatic/not updated? :priceless: Simply using certifications would paint an obvious inaccurate picture, depicting only partial out-of-date units from only a selected few markets around the globe. Be so for real :priceless:

I gave them benefit of doubt cause they don't care about chartmasters

But @istan4badgalriri you do care about official charts no

I checked and UWC which only tracks official charts. Folklore has been making Top 40 every year and Anti only did one year :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

💀 but I thought…? 

I checked official charts for you around the world 

And guess what Folklore won even without China and many Asian countries which you all don't count

Just now, The Music Industry said:

Why yes, this objective metric is quite literally showing you that in less than a year, Folklore, a 3 year-old album, will have moved more global units already than Music, a 23 year-old album. Thanks for pointing it out! 

Yes. But as of right now. Music is bigger! Thanks. You lost, like you always do :heart: salty tears yes yes

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Love Again said:

Yes. But as of right now. Music is bigger! Thanks. You lost, like you always do :heart: salty tears yes yes

? Are you ok sis :priceless:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ANTI >>>>>>>

folklore :heart:

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

? Are you ok sis :priceless:

Stream Taylord's best song

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Stream Taylord's best song

That's not august or State Of Grace. Time to book an ear appointment sis! :redface:

• Haha 1

Mediatraffic that only counts official charts around the world 

Anti  2016 : 1.46m

2017: NA

2018: NA

2019: NA

2020:NA

Folklore 2020: 3.18m

2021 : 1.54m

2022: 1.6m

@istan4badgalriri hope this helps. Ig it's just every metric and not just Swifties making things up

Considering Taylor is bigger in Asia where official charts are not there for many countries and despite that it did better than Anti on UWC 

Demn :deadbanana4:

Music for sure, not only sold more but it had an amazing 1 2 3 punch.

Just now, FolkLover1989 said:

Considering Taylor is bigger in Asia where official charts are not there for many countries and despite that it did better than Anti on UWC 

Demn :deadbanana4:

Right. And most Asian countries don't have music certifications. By limiting ourselves to certifications, not only are we using out-of-date stats, but we're also excluding much of the biggest continent of Earth where more than half of the population lives. Like... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Right. And most Asian countries don't have music certifications. By limiting ourselves to certifications, not only are we using out-of-date stats, but we're also excluding much of the biggest continent of Earth where more than half of the population lives. Like... 

Soon they will start saying IFPI is wrong cause where are certifications:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

anti: more streams across every platform, more sales, bigger and more hits (work, needed me, lotb (something taylor hasn’t achieved on an album since 2014))

8 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

It’s not our problem those countries don’t have certifications :rip: Maybe when they do, they can be part of the conversation. Certifications are the only legitimate way to validate and verify music sales.

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, airplane said:

anti: more streams across every platform, more sales

Proof? Folklore outperformed Anti globally

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

but Cardigan (1.7M) does more streams than LOTB (600k), Needed Me (450k), Work (300k), and KIB (250k) on Spotify every day combined, so those big hits have obviously not lasted.

Those songs do more streams most days (you literally chose Monday numbers), and comparing anyone's numbers to Taylor's rn is unfair lol. LOTB and Needed Me have great recurrents, imagine saying they "haven't lasted". :dies:

Just now, airplane said:

It’s not our problem those countries don’t have certifications :rip:

And it's not our problem y'all have to rely on outdated certifications that only capture partial units from a selected few countries instead of relying on actual global numbers :rip:

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.