Meta appears to own the trademark for 'X'

SmittenCake

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

First good thing Zuck has done since…

Wish these companies would stop having a pissing contest and actually make thier websites functionality better 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 1

Get him! :rip:

umm? :skull: you can trademark an alphabet letter? :skull: Looks like he will have to go with the lower case option x

1 minute ago, KingKhalid said:

umm? :skull: you can trademark an alphabet letter? :skull: Looks like he will have to go with the lower case option x

Don't give him any ideas.

KingKhalid

9 minutes ago, KingKhalid said:

Trademarks are so chaotic - how on earth does someone trademark a letter? Like am I gonna get sued for using certain letters in marketing materials? A MESS.

31 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Wish these companies would stop having a pissing contest and actually make thier websites functionality better 

ATRL took notes

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, KingKhalid said:

6 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Trademarks are so chaotic - how on earth does someone trademark a letter? Like am I gonna get sued for using certain letters in marketing materials? A MESS.

You most likely can’t. I’d be surprised if this trademark was for anything more than just the logo. 

Looks like they didn't file a Standard Character Claim, so..  

FZjUa6O.gif

59 minutes ago, KingKhalid said:

49 minutes ago, Tropical said:

42 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You most likely can’t. I’d be surprised if this trademark was for anything more than just the logo. 

Apparently Meta holds the "X" trademark only as it pertains to "online social networking services in the fields of entertainment, gaming, application development, ect.". So basically Musk can't use it for Twitter since it's a social media platform (and I'm not saying this as a Meta/Zuck fan, both these men can choke :pukey:)

It's kind of like how there's Dove soap and Dove chocolate. The same name can be used for both since their products don't compete against each other. But if Dove soap started making chocolate under their branding, then that'll lead to a (pretty open and shut) lawsuit.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Apparently Meta holds the "X" trademark only as it pertains to "online social networking services in the fields of entertainment, gaming, application development, ect.". So basically Musk can't use it for Twitter since it's a social media platform (and I'm not saying this as a Meta/Zuck fan, both these men can choke :pukey:)

It's kind of like how there's Dove soap and Dove chocolate. The same name can be used for both since their products don't compete against each other. But if Dove soap started making chocolate under their branding, then that'll lead to a (pretty open and shut) lawsuit.

I always thought Dove chocolate and Dove soap were the same thing :skull: 

• ATRL Moderator

When Zuck sues Elon and invests the money in Threads’ development :clap3: 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.