Charlamagne: "Cardi is doing for female rap what Jay-Z and Drake did"

Stepfon

10 hours ago, DockDock said:

i don't do that so...stay on topic.
Bad Bunny in 2018 got his album #11 and a #5 single ft Drake... i am not talking about the present of bad bunny now.. go check billboard's bad bunny biggest song... its i like it....#1 smasha with cardi... and who would listen to girls like you if wasn't bc of cardi be real.:skull: 
i am not saying cardi is who made bad bunny famous or what it is now..  i did say what this thread is showing us...she did help a lot of artist to get their names out...when she was the main HOT Artist... hit songs and also making the artists to gain popularity by really pushing the single too even if it was a ft... 

:bibliahh:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stepfon

• Trex

• Digitalism

• DockDock

Top Posters In This Topic

His statement is how many people outside of the stanbase and tons in the stanbase view things so it's no surprise many were enraged last night.

WE love female rap no longer in. a monopoly:clap3:

14 hours ago, Stepfon said:

I don't see how Drake can even be dragged for this considering he is giving these artists a platform and some of their biggest hits to date, the same can be said for Cardi.

Those songs were already the biggest hits of their careers without them. 

Cute except she made neither these songs or these artists big outside of WAP where Megan was already a big name :skull:

5 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

so a man who calls himself "Charlamagne tha God" should be a reliable source of opinion?

also who

kim-kardashian-shade.gif

edit: not me googling him and found he has nudes posing as a power bottom :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I am always dying when I see complete randoms getting threads in Celebria just because they mention someone :dies:

I’m not a fan, but Charlemagne is probably the biggest radio personality in rap/hip hop. Y’all use memes from his show all the time, you just don’t know it.

Edited by Rotunda

17 hours ago, IBeMe said:

he also insinuated that Nicki only features on female rap artist tracks now to not look like a hater and to build her own alliance before Cardi can reach out. A hot mess take tbh. He wants drama

I think thats true tbh Nicki only really gets involved with popular people to push top 10s thats it really. 

17 hours ago, IBeMe said:

he also insinuated that Nicki only features on female rap artist tracks now to not look like a hater and to build her own alliance before Cardi can reach out. A hot mess take tbh. He wants drama

this is accurate tho.

—————

but LMAOOOOO please don’t put Cardi in the same sentence with Jay Z :rofl: Charlemenge and Akademiks are really watering down hip hop. I can really see why Nicki stay mad cause they really be playin in her face :dies:

he could have made his point (which is true) without comparing Cardi to Jay Z and Drake. That’s a little too much dip on her chip and invalidates his statement and also opens up for people to drag Cardi because she is no where near as talented as Jay and Drake even though her and Drake both use writing camps :celestial5:

Edited by TiaTamera

Except Jay Z released 8 albums within 7 years of his first release out of necessity bc rap as a whole was on the decline after the deaths of biggie and 2pac. 6/8 went #1, leading to the most solo #1 albums in history and the shared success among many artist via roc-a-fella 

Cardi doesn’t seem to have any real sense of urgency in carrying female rap with how long it’s taken her to follow up on her debut. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.