Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

8 minutes ago, Hurem said:

This better motivate studios to stop with the hyper focus on overbudgeted franchise movies.

Ken: The Movie in the works :clap3:

• Haha 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

box office won :clap3:

1 hour ago, Rebel Lion said:

People's obsession with aryan beauty is too much. These companies are laughing to the bank.

!!!!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Down 2

Love how both are essentially passion projects succeeding, just like how the Avatar movies succeeded :clap3:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JungleJuice said:

Isn't there already several threads about barbies box office in the entertainment section?

As with every major release 

Oppenheimer honestly hit the jackpot with Barbie opening the same day. As is always the case we these types of releases, the “which one will you chose?” marketing that usually follows ends up benefitting both projects and after Tenet (which I loved :heart2: ), Nolan needed the free press.

33 minutes ago, Hurem said:

This better motivate studios to stop with the hyper focus on overbudgeted franchise movies.

Please, as if we're not getting the Barbie Cinematic Universe in the years to come :rip:

12 minutes ago, Domination said:

Oppenheimer honestly hit the jackpot with Barbie opening the same day. As is always the case we these types of releases, the “which one will you chose?” marketing that usually follows ends up benefitting both projects and after Tenet (which I loved :heart2: ), Nolan needed the free press.

absolutely. I never would have known about Oppenheimer w/o Barbenheimer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

People's obsession with aryan beauty is too much. These companies are laughing to the bank.

1 hour ago, QueenBLadyG said:

!!!!

giphy.gif

Can you guys not? Having a mostly female-lead movie made by a female director with a strong feminist message is a victory no matter what, especially with the rise of far-right anti-women policies. Stop making everything about you :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

cinema is BACK

The studios are already delaying fall movies due to the SAG strike, and this might include Dune 2 and The Color Purple. So no, cinema isn’t back. It’s going downhill from here :toofunny3:

Edited by JoJo

49 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Early Fri estimates might be over $70M.. maybe $72M. Holy s**t.

Would make $170M possible. 

U3nE.gif

What impresses me most is that Oppenheimer - Nolan's longest-running film, an R-rated biopic, is going to open higher than all of his non-Dark Knight films (Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk) :jonny5: The fact that it could potentially $90million on its opening weekend after being forecasted to open with just $40m a month ago is insane!

spacer.png

Also, not the audience score and critics score aligning for both! Cinema really won this weekend 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Broken said:

Why was this thread pinned? 

Nobody post in those threads. It will be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Mess.

@Gwendolyn

5 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I never expected this thread to be pinned :deadbanana2: I'm low-key shocked

I asked for it to be pinned in HQ. This is the main thread for us to be discussing the box office for all films, not just Barbie and Oppenheimer, right? That’s why you created it @Gwendolyn?? I thought if this is where all box office discussions are being had, it’d be better to have it more easily accessible. 

• Like 1

The hype for Barbie is through the roof, is insane!!

20 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I asked for it to be pinned in HQ. This is the main thread for us to be discussing the box office for all films, not just Barbie and Oppenheimer, right? That’s why you created it @Gwendolyn?? I thought if this is where all box office discussions are being had, it’d be better to have it more easily accessible. 

I'm mostly surprised since mods literally ignore most of my requests :redface:

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Haha 2

Nolan should be happy about this. The barbie effect is really helping this movie do very well. 

Barbie lowkey pulled Oppenheimer across the 50M line because there was 0 discussion in any of my circles about that movie. Even the political people I talk to were not discussing that film. Then, “Barbieheimer” happened and suddenly, everyone in my circles is talking about Oppenheimer (and left Barbie to rot but shared the memes :deadbanana4:).

Thank god the general public is giving Barbie its 10s after all that aggressive promo. 

Edited by Flare

And people say Margot Robbie is a flop in the box office

Idek how Amy Tactless Shoemer was initially casted as Barbie, bc I literally can't see anyone else in this role aside from Margot herself

Sparksfly88
47 minutes ago, rhaenyra said:

Amy Tactless Shoemer was initially casted as Barbie, bc I literally can't see anyone else in this role aside from Margot herself

WHAT! They casted Amy initially? She looks like those cabbage patch dolls not a Barbie lol

tumblr_okh1llhV931vyrv6oo1_400.gif

• Haha 3

Sparksfly88

Im going tomorrow to see Barbie at 10:00am showing cuz I don’t want to deal with finding parking at night but idgaf

im so excited for this movie I haven’t been to the movie theater since Coco came out 

I'm gonna say Barbie ends up with $175M domestic and $175M OS debuts. $350M global debut. Crazy. 

The audience sitting through and eating up a 3-hour R-rated biopic holy **** :jonny5: The legs will be insane!

Looks like Nolan will finally have his Oscar moment!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.