• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• BNF91

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Sept said:

So it's a guaranteed box office smash as they only need like 200M to breakeven?

The promotional campaign has been massive so I wouldn't be surprised if marketing costs exceed 100M. Which would mean they need 400M to break even.

Honestly hope this is the smash of the summer. WB needs to finally utilized its other IP’s. That’s where original stories and new blockbusters can thrive. Kinda surprising they haven’t realized this 

5 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

If this ends up making.more than the Flash :deadbanana2:

Well definitely. 60-65M seems the floor now for Barbie just with these previews and if It doesn't have a particular final explosion when It comes

11 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

The promotional campaign has been massive so I wouldn't be surprised if marketing costs exceed 100M. Which would mean they need 400M to break even.

I don't think they would expect a comedy to reach 400M to break even :skull:

Edited by Sept

11 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I mean that won’t be difficult to do at this rate. :rip:

12 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Honestly hope this is the smash of the summer. WB needs to finally utilized its other IP’s. That’s where original stories and new blockbusters can thrive. Kinda surprising they haven’t realized this 

Also the fault of the stars

Twilight 

Hunger games 

Sex and the city (57m debut with an r rated movie in the 2008)

Pitch perfect 2 (70 m debut!)

50 shades etc..

Where the crawdads sings (80m final After pandemic)

Should make more movies for women. You don't need to make only these 300m dollars Transformers over and over even when people are clearly tired of these brands.

We are near at fast and furious 12 :ghostface:

Let's Hope the industry remember there are no action ip's for women can make a looot of Money too, instead of a 95% of blockbuster portfolio made by only action movies movies more targeted to men.

They remember very rarely women exists too and they still believe what Is for women Is romantic movies or comediea but there are also ips and franchises you can build. 

Barbie has very few premium screens cause they are for Mission impossible 35 (?) when It's clear Barbie has more demand. This shows a certain mentality too.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 4

Make that $80,000,010! Just bought my ticket

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

What they did in particular?.

I mean big marketing Is coming (Margot and Ryan are visiting 8 cities for example) but then seems like people made everything for them with all these viral things. And most of the marketing i saw it's collaborations with other brands, so doesn't seem like crazy Crazy marketing. 

It was smarter than bigger imo.

Edited by vale9001

I hope she will get nominated and finally win the Oscars this time.

spacer.png

Edited by Eclass
  • Like 2

I will be watching both of this and Oppenheimer :heart:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

Oh, it will

This movie will making more than The Flash and Shazam. :coffee:

13 hours ago, Sept said:

I don't think they would expect a comedy to reach 400M to break even :skull:

It's not like it's an original comedy. It's based on what might be the most popular toy of all time. The whole point of the movie is basically to sell more toys. It's more comparable to the Transformers films in that sense.

To an extent it's also comparable to comic book movies: Most Marvel movies are comedies but the expectation is that they reach the high 700s or 800s because the draw is the brand.

12 hours ago, vale9001 said:

What they did in particular?.

I mean big marketing Is coming (Margot and Ryan are visiting 8 cities for example) but then seems like people made everything for them with all these viral things. And most of the marketing i saw it's collaborations with other brands, so doesn't seem like crazy Crazy marketing. 

It was smarter than bigger imo.

Those collaborations don't come cheap tbh. And 100M for a film like this isn't anything out of the norm. But they can spend the money because, regardless of how the movie does, they'll make it back through toy sales.

yeah its why we have 3 cars and 2 planes movies

whew a box office elixir :clap3: 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f86j2po46p9ke1y9wi

With so much internet hype, I expect this to do 110M+ at least

That would be a true smash. Everything less is mid

Margot Robbie needs to do commercial movies after this if this is commercially successful. Her doing unwatchable panned artsy fartsy films and sabotaging Birds of Prey. If this film flops, she is over and she should hope she will be a streaming actress star at best after this.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eclass said:

I hope she will get nominated and finally win the Oscars this time.

spacer.png

Let's focus on Golden Globe- Comedy for this particular role. 

23 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Margot Robbie needs to do commercial movies after this

Every single thing she has done has been commercial. Margot is the definition of charts not the art. Unfortunately for her, people just keep shipping her back. Just because her proejcts flop pathetically doesn't mean they are esoteric or niche artistic gambles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Margot Robbie needs to do commercial movies after this if this is commercially successful. Her doing unwatchable panned artsy fartsy films and sabotaging Birds of Prey. If this film flops, she is over and she should hope she will be a streaming actress star at best after this.

She is shooting an Ocean's 11 prequel next with Ryan Gosling again.

She's also rumored to reboot Pirates Of The Caribbean and to star as Sue Storm in the MCU's Fantastic 4 movie.

She's in her movie STAR era. :clap3: 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f86j2po46p9ke1y9wi

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

She is far from over, she is a household name right now and sign a multi deal with Warner Bros Picture. Plus, she can act, her range really wide and she just needs to choose a right project. Also, Birds of Prey is a good movie, it's just the timing of its released is collide with the pandemic.  

great numbers.

i was worried that this would just be a film twitter thing, but my irl family and friends with kids are all planning to go see it. :gaycat1:

I’d love to see her as Sue Storm 

I started stanning after wolf of wall street i want her to keep smashing 

SO ready for this to pull a Midnights and blow every prediction out of the water :jonny5: I'm going to see it multiple times for sure, I made so many of my friends promise me to see it with me release week :gaycat1:oh Margot Robbie the butts-in-seats MOVIE STAR that you are :worship:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.