Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

Hopefully it has legs. But either way… Disney is going to be forced to make some major creative changes.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Another flop for Disney. They haven’t had a hit movie since 2022

Disney cheapened their brand with Disney+. 

Disney trained their audience that their movies are worth 6.99 a month and once they saw that D+ isn't a money maker, they tried to go back in time but their audience is willing to wait till their projects drop on D+ a couple of weeks later.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Wow Disney+ really was their Bionic huh? :rip:

And everyone said they are coming for Netflix's neck

Nene Leakes Laughing GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding

Disney’s Lotus era :rip: at least Pixar’s Elemental eventually became quite the sleeper hit.

Trolls Band Together will end this in long run & longevity... Viva Queen of Pop🌟

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

All of their movies follow the same formula. Why go a see you know everything that will happen practically as soon as you see the trailer plus/minus minor deviances? They desperately need to get CREATIVE again, not just in what cultures and settings their movies take place, but also the plots/storylines themselves.  A lot of their movies feel like same plot, different settings and people. They're re-hashing and recycling too much. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Encanto had underwhelming numbers in the box office and then it smashed on Disney+ 

one was released during height of Covid and still debuted a good $7 million less than Encanto

• Like 2

I don’t even know if Disney can be fixed at this point. They ruined Disney animation, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, soon Fox, etc. And now Universal Studios is legit competition to their theme parks. 

They also managed to alienate conservatives and liberals at the same time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peroxide said:

Hopefully it has legs. But either way… Disney is going to be forced to make some major creative changes.

The way South Park dragged them in their recent episode :bibliahh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Wow Disney+ really was their Bionic huh? :rip:

And everyone said they are coming for Netflix's neck

Nene Leakes Laughing GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding

This all makes the case for Disney to drop theatrical and go after Netflix as a streaming behemoth, not the other way round. 

Why bother going to the movies to see a Disney movie when you can wait a few more weeks and watch it on Disney+? :deadbanana2: I’m surprised they're still releasing films in theaters

Streaming was truly their demise :'(  I love their animated movies but I don’t remember when was the last time I went to watch one at the theater. I always wait for them to be on Disney+. 

didn’t Encanto suffer a similar fate and then blew up after debuting on Disney+? 

2 hours ago, Raver said:

Another flop for Disney. They haven’t had a hit movie since 2022

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - $845,555,777

9. Elemental - $495,851,987

10. Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania -  $476,071,180

They also have the 14th, 25th, 38th, 61st and 83rd most successful films of the year so far. #83 is just a Toy Story re-release. Disney is still smashing, just not as hard as they used to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.