• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

eh pretty sure guardians was a hit

also 20th century studios is owned by disney now so avatar 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Rid Of Me said:

Not a near 80% second week drop when opening week number is already low:hoetenks:

The MDNA of film.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Price of Fame said:

lol, will be lucky to hit 80 million domestic

Black Widow opening weekend during covid, while also going to Disney Plus. Bye.

Hunger Games debuts with $44M domestic. Underwhelming. 

Marvels couldn't even do $30M global in its 2nd weekend :rip: with just $160M total now, $250M global total is dead. 

Will easily take the crown from the Last Jedi for biggest drop in grosses for a sequel in history. 

the Trolls sequel which had Camila Cabello as the breakout new star did better than predicted and has passed 100M world wide already.

2025's How To Train Your Dragon will release the same time as a Pixar movie. DreamWorks and Universal are also about to expand Universal Orlando. 

DreamWorks is making serious plays.

20 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Disney has made zero profits from movies since April 2022.

My Mickey Mouse is dying. 

The Little Mermaid (2023)? 

3 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Wasn't enough to cover the losses from the other movies they made apparently

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/17/disney-box-office-flops-put-pressure-on-iger-bergman.html

Disney underestimated just how nasty/racist people are and were probably banking on TLM hitting 1B. I mean a $2.5M debut in China for TLM is just absolutely disgusting, but at least it did turn a profit based on its WW gross. At this point, I think the remakes are a promotional tool for toys, merchandise/apparel, etc. and other stuff sold using their IP because I don't see how/why Disney justifies making them. 

Like who asked for a Frozen, Moana, Snow White live action movie? Who is asking for a live action Lion King prequel? :deadbanana4:

22 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

the Trolls sequel which had Camila Cabello as the breakout new star did better than predicted and has passed 100M world wide already.

her movie career seems doing good

wasnt her cinderella movie a streaming hit too? any future movies from her?

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

Camila Cabello’s “Trolls” :clap3:

21 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Disney underestimated just how nasty/racist people are and were probably banking on TLM hitting 1B. I mean a $2.5M debut in China for TLM is just absolutely disgusting, but at least it did turn a profit based on its WW gross. At this point, I think the remakes are a promotional tool for toys, merchandise/apparel, etc. and other stuff sold using their IP because I don't see how/why Disney justifies making them. 

Like who asked for a Frozen, Moana, Snow White live action movie? Who is asking for a live action Lion King prequel? :deadbanana4:

knowing how toys is such a lucrative industry most likely they're really tapping into that market

3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

her movie career seems doing good

wasnt her cinderella movie a streaming hit too? any future movies from her?

Cinderella was the top streaming musical  the year it was released and she has another movie she is in coming sometime called Rob Peace.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10740926/?ref_=nm_flmg_unrel_1_act

On 11/19/2023 at 11:55 AM, BNF91 said:

Hunger Games debuts with $44M domestic. Underwhelming. 

Marvels couldn't even do $30M global in its 2nd weekend :rip: with just $160M total now, $250M global total is dead. 

Will easily take the crown from the Last Jedi for biggest drop in grosses for a sequel in history. 

Did that drop more than Alice 2? :rip:

-

Half of the people absolutely hated Captain Marvel and the other half didn't like it enough to care.

I'm guessing out of all movies, this was the easier for fans to sit out as a heads up to Marvel.

Kinda puts into perspective the Ant-Man 3 numbers. The awful marketing campaign, the laughable CGI, being an Antman movie :rip: and still broke even. 

On 11/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, Johnnyboi said:

How did Disney manage to make a movie bomb harder then Indy 5. 

When the strongest part of the audience is vehemently against everything this film stands for  its can’t win.

Grace is right disney  has to find a way to continue to appeal to the male market as strong as they did without excluding women.

They also need to reclaim their strength with females audiences .  Wishes and TLM should be breaking the box office

Another $200M movie flopping… where are the variety articles clickbait titles and “Drama Fatigue” discourse 🤭💀it’s opening worse then The Marvels did a week ago but thier is no mediaplay. Wonder why? 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

19 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Another $200M movie flopping… where are the variety articles clickbait titles and “Drama Fatigue” discourse 🤭💀it’s opening worse then The Marvels did a week ago but thier is no mediaplay. Wonder why? 

Because The Marvels is literally the sequel to a BILLION dollar grosser from a multi-billion grossing franchise

While this movie is a standalone historical drama with no pre-existing fanbase or hype

• Like 6

Saw The Marvels yesterday and I loved it :clap3:

Whew the pre movie ads were... :toofunny2:

Wish - The goat says "my butt found it" and they follow up with a "100 years of Disney" quote. That. As a follow up to a butt joke. :rip:

Aquaman 2 - I thought they actually cut off Amber and then she showed up for 1 second (a blurry shot of her, may I add). 

Mean Girls - Is this...a musical? :rip:

The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - They highlighted the double "OF THE" instead of the rest of the words :lmao:

Ghostbusters - another jaded franchise that no one cares for anymore :rip:  

:deadvision:

37 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

First time I hear of this movie :rip:

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

One is a standalone movie and the other is the 32nd sequel of the most successful movie franchise of all time. Still wondering why? 

Regardless, there have been hundreds of articles over the last few years covering the death of the very type of movie you’re so butthurt over that you can go re-read if it bothers you so much. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.