Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

This is going to struggle to even hit 100M domestic (let’s not even talk about WW numbers because those look extra bleak).

If you told me a few months ago that a Taylor Swift concert film and a FNAF movie would outgross The Marvels I would have laughed but here we are. Box office this years has been wild lol.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i wonder if calling it captain marvel 2 would have helped a *bit* at least

2 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

The audience on Thursday was 63 percent male! Let’s be honest, Women do not like superhero movie where the female lead is masculine, no emotion, and no romance. The reason Wonder Woman works is because she is feminine, and has romance. More women than men went to see that movie. Look at Barbie! The movie embraced femininity as something positive and it smashed! 

Now they can’t even use the incel narrative 

• Haha 7

This is actually sad and its going to be a huge blow for super hero female lead movies, there are now like 3 movies with this bad precedent. WW2, Batgirl not even releasing and now The Marvels, I really hope this pulls an Elemental and we get the last laugh :shakeno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, panochita said:

This is actually sad and its going to be a huge blow for super hero female lead movies, there are now like 3 movies with this bad precedent. WW2, Batgirl not even releasing and now The Marvels, I really hope this pulls an Elemental and we get the last laugh :shakeno:

Let’s be honest, 2023 has been a huge blow to super hero movies PERIOD. We’ve had Blue Beetle, Ant-Man 3, Shazam 2, The Flash and now The Marvels all tank to varying degrees. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nostalgia said:

Happy that La Jolie is no longer the laughing stock of the MCU… thank you Miss Larson :clap3:

She never was, it always was Brie for whatever reason

Well, it's over

The lowest score a MCU film has ever got along with Eternals and Ant-Man 3

20 minutes ago, Rid Of Me said:

Well, it's over

The lowest score a MCU film has ever got along with Eternals and Ant-Man 3

Also tied with Batman v Superman and The Flash. The legs on this are going to be absolute abysmal. Sub-2x very likely.

3 hours ago, panochita said:

This is actually sad and it’s going to be a huge blow for super hero female lead movies, there are now like 3 movies with this bad precedent. WW2, Batgirl not even releasing and now The Marvels, I really hope this pulls an Elemental and we get the last laugh :shakeno:

The fact there are only 4 female MCU movies out of 34:rip:

8 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Captain Marvel is now Fresh by critics and certified fresh from the audience 😆 where’s the “Disney Buying reviews” crowd now. 

enough of the McU in shambles narrative , when Marvel has 3 of the best selling movies this year Today. 

What in the fake news it’s not fresh by critics it’s literally at 62% and 50 on metacritic. 

Just now, Superbitch said:

What in the fake news it’s not fresh by critics it’s literally at 62% and 50 on metacritic. 

I said Fresh not certified fresh:dies: Fresh is anything over 60%. That’s literally RT’s rules. I didn’t make it. :laugh:

Black Widow was good. And WandaVision was the most sophisticated and artistic project The MCU has ever made. 

Captain Marvel was just never an appealing character. She’s too femme for the straights and too masc for the gays. 

I think the biggest problem with the marvels is that it has co-leads from projects that only hardcore fans watched till the end.

Kamala coming from one of the lowest watched MCU show, Nick Fury coming off from secret invasion and the third girl being side character from years old show. It too much homework for some people. Confidence for some people to skip it since they know they can enjoy other marvel movies without necessity to keep up with these particular set of characters. 

• Like 1

Like The Flash or Shazam 2, it will do wonder on their streaming platform. People only cares to spend $$$ if the movie has stellar reviews or if it's a communal experience.

Good riddance to this dreadful film series. The Incredible Hulk was the first and last MCU movie I ever saw and my life has been so blessed because of it.

Well I was right about the $100M at least :gaycat6:

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Disney has had an amazing flop 100th anniversary. :rip:

Below Black Adam and The Flash both domestically and overseas.

It did beat Blue Beetle and Shazam tho. Congrats

smiling-nicki-minaj.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.