• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, hausofdave said:

THE MARVELS gets the lowest opening day ever for a MCU movie in France with 49,629 admissions. Lower than Morbius (77k), The Flash (69k) but above Shazam 2 (33k) and similar to Blue Beetle (47k).

8f05099c2a443de252ebe65108b0d8b4.gif

Well who knew the little mermaid would win against the marvels. I did. The little mermaid >

Ill still watch this to see the supposed suprise cameos

Jesus, Marvel is really in a slump.

Ooh those paid reviews came in at the last second!  Marvel cut a couple checks to HEAVE this flop up to a (barely) certified fresh rating :bibliahh: 

Who thought doing a movie with two D-List streaming show protagonist and the most hated MCU female character was a good idea? :rip:

MCU really needs to stop planning these movies 5 years in advance and go on a year-to-year basis to make decisions. They need to scrap their entire current lineup of movies, start fresh with X-Men movies, build the brand and storyline again.

10 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Ooh those paid reviews came in at the last second!  Marvel cut a couple checks to HEAVE this flop up to a (barely) certified fresh rating :bibliahh: 

right bc they pay for reviews even though they've been hit with the ROTTEN multiple times in the last few years

some of y'all are just on the other end of the annoying spectrum to these MCU diehards on twitter and reddit, i s2g  :monkey:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Geraldine said:

41m isnt that bad??compare it to blue beetle, shazam 2 or the flash

It ain’t good

10 minutes ago, Geraldine said:

Its trailing 

behind The Flash in ticket sales so far. 

11 minutes ago, Geraldine said:

The production budget difference is insanely different for each one of those movies. On top of this you need to add promotional budget and cinema's cut, The Marvels needed to do at least 2x of its production budget to not lose money and it's impossible now.

Blue Beetle budget: 104M

Shazam 2 budget: 125M

The Marvels budget: 270M (according to Forbes)

• Haha 1

$41m is NOT good

If this doesn’t hit/scrapes $100m domestic over its entire run :rip:

some records the film will could break:

-lowest MCU opening weekend domestically: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $55.4M

-lowest grossing MCU film domestically: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $134.8M.

-lowest grossing MCU film overseas: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $130.0M.

-lowest grossing MCU film worldwide: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $264.8M.

-biggest sequel drop worldwide (in USD): Currently held by The Last Jedi with -$736.9M

Edited by hausofdave
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

some records the film will could break:

-lowest MCU opening weekend domestically: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $55.4M

-lowest grossing MCU film domestically: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $134.8M.

-lowest grossing MCU film overseas: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $130.0M.

-lowest grossing MCU film worldwide: Currently held by The Incredible Hulk with $264.8M.

-biggest sequel drop worldwide (in USD): Currently held by The Last Jedi with -$736.9M

Record breaking Movie

:clack:

• Haha 1

I just got back from seeing it. It's a fun, and silly, and sweet movie. I'm happy I saw it. I don't think anyone's going to regret waiting until it's on D+ though.

The one question that crossed my mind a few times was that if you hadn't been keeping up with the movies and shows, would it still be possible to really follow along?

At minimum, I'd say CM, WandaVision, and Ms. Marvel are required viewings. And if none of those worked for you, this won't change your mind. 

It’s back to Rotten at 59%.  It’s probably gonna flip flop for a while but the reviews coming in are from YouTubers so it’ll probably end up rotten. 

On 11/5/2023 at 12:28 AM, FolkLover1989 said:

No emergency 

It was obvious , this movie should have been Captain Marvel 2 not The Marvels.

You're acting as if Captain Marvel is an audience magnet :rip: 

2 hours ago, superben said:

You're acting as if Captain Marvel is an audience magnet :rip: 

So they should get rid of her ? She has no purpose then, be regulated a supporting player? No more leasing projects?

The audience on Thursday was 63 percent male! Let’s be honest, Women do not like superhero movie where the female lead is masculine, no emotion, and no romance. The reason Wonder Woman works is because she is feminine, and has romance. More women than men went to see that movie. Look at Barbie! The movie embraced femininity as something positive and it smashed! 

Edited by DONTYELLATME
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Captain Marvel is now Fresh by critics and certified fresh from the audience 😆 where’s the “Disney Buying reviews” crowd now. 

enough of the McU in shambles narrative , when Marvel has 3 of the best selling movies this year Today. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.