Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

to think if Dune hadn’t been delayed, it’d have locked up all the IMAX screens, could’ve even pushed estimations further down to ~$30M range

• Haha 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for them but Captain Marvel is just not a strong character at least Brie's CM imo. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Why do they keep making Marvel movies on characters no one cares about? Can they just write Rogue into the story to end Captain Marvel? She’s had 1 too many movies and appearances already.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

$300-350M worldwide total probably. Damn. 

no way its hitting $300M WW, its global start is absolute abysmal; i doubt its even hitting $100M+ opening WW atp

[Hong Kong] The Marvels starts off with a 2.6/5.0 on HKMovie6. Below Captain Marvel (3.5), Dark Phoenix (3.5), Morbius (3.4), and Fan4stic (2.9)

Spoiler

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

no way its hitting $300M WW, its global start is absolute abysmal; i doubt its even hitting $100M+ opening WW atp

Worse than Morbius? Damn…..

"Quick, get Brie Larson booked for the talk show circuit. We can still turn this thing around!" - Marvel executives

36 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

"Quick, get Brie Larson booked for the talk show circuit. We can still turn this thing around!" - Marvel executives

I know they lowkey mad they have to pay for promo again

I'm still not understanding why people have their knives out for Brie Larson and Captain Marvel. Yeah, the character and first movie are just OK, but with the way some people are talking, it's almost like this is personal. I'm not burnt out on superhero stuff yet though, so maybe that has something to do with why I don't get it.

Edited by ham
grammar correction
  • Like 9

Critical and commercial failure. I was hoping for this at least to be good, but it's not happening either. :redface:

2 hours ago, ham said:

I'm still not understanding why people have their knives out for Brie Larson and Captain Marvel. Yeah, the character and first movie are just OK, but with the way some people are talking, it's almost like this is personal. I'm not burnt out on superhero stuff yet though, so maybe that has something to do with why I don't get it.

!!!

The hate boner for Brie Larson is truly something and it doesn't make any sense. She seems to get hate from all sides online which makes it worse.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ham said:

It’s more so that Disney is an evil monopoly McDonalds movie factory that has been ruining filmmaking and they’re finally getting their just deserts

Just so happens that Brie is vile, which is the cherry on top 

:suburban:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Marvels is now Fresh after 136 Reviews:jonnycat:

6 pages of people who haven’t seen it dragging it,  only for the actual film to be Good:laugh: Since y’all care so much about random critics ratings. Brie is now officially 2 for 2 on fresh MCU entries on RT

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

6 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

It’s more so that Disney is an evil monopoly McDonalds movie factory that has been ruining filmmaking and they’re finally getting their just deserts

Just so happens that Brie is vile, which is the cherry on top 

:suburban:

I'm not rooting for the movie at all, and I think the MCU needs to be done with (especially as it is now) - but what exactly has Brie Larson done to warrant this vitriol? She barely even talks outside of promo appearances for the few movies she stars in, so I'm not getting why everyone has this major hatred for her. She's like very easy to ignore

• Like 2

THE MARVELS gets the lowest opening day ever for a MCU movie in France with 49,629 admissions. Lower than Morbius (77k), The Flash (69k) but above Shazam 2 (33k) and similar to Blue Beetle (47k).

It’s now 61% on RT which is certified fresh.

STOP THE COUNT! :wanda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.