Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

21 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

No emergency 

It was obvious , this movie should have been Captain Marvel 2 not The Marvels.

Right the branding is weird. I’d watch a Captain Marvel 2 but this centering the movie around 3 characters with a stupid plot is bizarre. MCU needs a revamp

• Like 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, D/X said:

Absolutely agree with this. This film truly feels like you had homework to do to understand where the hell do the other two Marvels come from. And tbh they didn't make enough noise out of their respective series.

While I don't think that if retitled as Captain Marvel 2 would've made 1 billion again because of the misogynistic campaign Marvel incels have against Brie Larson, it would've performed slightly better than the incoming disaster. And this just further proves that superhero fatigue exists.

It does. I’m not a comic fan and kind of thought End Game was the last MCU film :skull: but even if there’s a **** ton of lore in the comics they should have waited 3 or so years before restarting the universe. Let people miss the heros after spamming movies for over a decade. 

Now there’s 10 Disney shows and new characters and it’s like :psyduck: 

I got so annoyed watching Ant Man when I realized I didn’t understand half of it because I didn’t watch the Disney shows. Completely turned me off from the universe that I had to watch the shows to understand the movies

The first one is not good and this one doesn't interest me at all

Carol Danvers has rarely been an interesting character in comics but MCU managed to make her boring than ever:sleep:

22 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Eras is so stable

It would have done 200m in US if they extended 

Would end run with $165m in US

https://deadline.com/2023/11/box-office-actors-strike-five-nights-at-freddys-dune-part-two-1235593150/

Updated outlook domestic for the highest grossing concert movie ever is $180M.

While I definitely feel MCU fatigue thanks to all these shows, I also feel very bad for the Marvels :emofish: it’s never a good thing to give the annoying male incels a W in their war against inclusivity in nerd culture

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Think I’ll watch this tonight or tomorrow. Never played the games but I love the lead actor 

As people said, the Peacock simultaneous release hurt the longevity, not the opening weekend. A casual person whose curiosity was peaked by the buzz can just go watch it online.

• ATRL Moderator

Strong hold for KOTFM. Hopefully the audience continues to find it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

As people said, the Peacock simultaneous release hurt the longevity, not the opening weekend. A casual person whose curiosity was peaked by the buzz can just go watch it online.

I also think it being so close to Halloween did too. It probably would've made more if it open two weeks earlier and the Eras Tour movie didn't exist.

1 hour ago, Poxy said:

While I definitely feel MCU fatigue thanks to all these shows, I also feel very bad for the Marvels :emofish: it’s never a good thing to give the annoying male incels a W in their war against inclusivity in nerd culture

Same.  

All good things must come to an end, the MCU wasn’t going to remain on top forever.  The Marvels looking to be the first bomb is unfortunate because it supports what naysayers have been saying.  I personally thought Captain Marvel was a solid standalone movie with a nice 90’s throwback feel.  

A Wanda standalone movie wouldn't bomb because the gays would come out for her

zLugaEj.gif

8 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

miss @Broken worst nightmare 

:suburban:

1 hour ago, hausofdave said:

update on BOT: pre-sales for The Marvels are not improving (comps avg to just $5.35m in previews)

this is Dark Phoenix level bad :deadbanana4:

Where is the good sis @Broken anyway?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, hausofdave said:

update on BOT: pre-sales for The Marvels are not improving (comps avg to just $5.35m in previews)

this is Dark Phoenix level bad :deadbanana4:

This is unfortunate, because now I feel like movie studios will blame it on the director being a woman when they just need to blame it on the fact that Brie Larson is vile

On 11/5/2023 at 5:05 AM, panochita said:

F-Hsn8-XAAAp2io?format=jpg&name=small

We need him again

17 hours ago, The Man Who said:

I have two tickets booked for Friday and I am excited to watch this! I am also not buying all of this “nobody went to see Captain Marvel for Captain Marvel” BS as I sure the **** did.

I thought Captain Marvel was great fun and I’ve actually rewatched it a few times since seeing it in the cinema. That 90s soundtrack was also stellar! 

:ryan3:

We found him.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, P!nk said:

We found him.

Not the exposè!

20 hours ago, Poxy said:

Barbie kinda proved incels don’t have power if the movie is strong enough to connect with audiences. The problem is a movie like The Marvels isn’t appealing to women, gays, OR incels

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

This is shaping up to be a The Flash sized disaster isn’t it? :skull: What an embarrassment for MCU.

At least Deadpool will do numbers…probably.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.