• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/29/2023 at 2:17 PM, fridayteenage said:

now both katniss and peeta have a $70 mil+ domestic weekend outside of panem.

(apocalypse & five nights)

When will Harry, Ron and Hermione? :jonny:

On 10/29/2023 at 1:14 AM, XAMJ said:

Wish looks cute, disneys comeback is here 

Don't google The Marvels presale box office. Brie Larson truthers in shambles. Hopefully she negotiated another Nissan partnership before the official numbers hit. @orange22

8f05099c2a443de252ebe65108b0d8b4.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Don't google The Marvels presale box office. Brie Larson truthers in shambles. Hopefully she negotiated another Nissan partnership before the official numbers hit. @orange22

8f05099c2a443de252ebe65108b0d8b4.gif

Well Grace always says to have your next project lined up before a flop 

:ryan3:

• ATRL Moderator
On 10/30/2023 at 7:44 PM, fridayteenage said:

the only scorsese ever to get both 80 metascore and $80 mil US is The Departed

this will continue to be true. and would have been true regardless of the studio

Okay, OMSH.

• Haha 1

4x less projections then The Marvels btw. And still a $125M budget but no hit pieces. Lmfao

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

8 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

4x less projections then The Marvels btw. And still a $125M budget but no hit pieces. Lmfao

In fairness, it's a Christmas release and those tend to play differently than other releases during the year. They usually open a bit lower (due to the sheer amount of holiday releases all at once) but then leg out.

I think the movie looks pretty terrible, but it's a different situation from The Marvels. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

In fairness, it's a Christmas release and those tend to play differently than other releases during the year. They usually open a bit lower (due to the sheer amount of holiday releases all at once) but then leg out.

I think the movie looks pretty terrible, but it's a different situation from The Marvel's. 

but 12/15 isn't a xmas release.

first weeks that include xmas are the crazy longevity ones. movies that opened in 3k+ theaters and with big increases weekend 2:

greatest showman 12/20

cheapter by the dozen ii 12/21

we bought a zoo 12/23

jumanji welcome to the jungle 12/20

puss in boots last wish 12/21

[mother's day 4/29]

wild thornberrys 12/20

sing 12/21

night at the museum 12/22

mary poppins returns 12/19

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

but 12/15 isn't a xmas release.

first weeks that include xmas are the crazy longevity ones. movies that opened in 3k+ theaters and with big increases weekend 2:

greatest showman 12/20

cheapter by the dozen ii 12/21

we bought a zoo 12/23

jumanji welcome to the jungle 12/20

puss in boots last wish 12/21

[mother's day 4/29]

wild thornberrys 12/20

sing 12/21

night at the museum 12/22

mary poppins returns 12/19

Semantics. It's 10 days before. It's still a general holiday release and it's being set up as such. 

• Like 2

Presales for The Marvels are pacing behind that of Black Adam and The Flash (those respective openings at $67M and $55M).

It’s finally happening; the MCU’s first major theatrical bomb. Ant-Man was certainly a flop but not an outright bomb, so after 33 films this really is a moment in MCU history

Edited by hausofdave

I’m a big mcu fan but i won’t watch this movie cause it’s not interesting at all 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No emergency 

It was obvious , this movie should have been Captain Marvel 2 not The Marvels.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

No emergency 

It was obvious , this movie should have been Captain Marvel 2 not The Marvels.

Captain Marvel and Nick Fury are used in all the promo material though. People just don’t want it. 

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Captain Marvel and Nick Fury are used in all the promo material though. People just don’t want it. 

In the first teaser Captain Marvel was rarely the lead that definitely misguided people 

Also you just don't introduce 2 more co leads like this.  No one is watching D+ shows

Just now, FolkLover1989 said:

In the first teaser Captain Marvel was rarely the lead that definitely misguided people 

Also you just don't introduce 2 more co leads like this.  No one is watching D+ shows

Okay? Captain Marvel has been in all the posters and trailers regardless. I don’t think a title change would’ve saved this. Superhero fatigue is very real. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Okay? Captain Marvel has been in all the posters and trailers regardless. I don’t think a title change would’ve saved this. Superhero fatigue is very real. 

Yes title change would have made ow atleast 15-20m higher

Just like how Civil War would have performed way differently if it was Avengers in the title 

CM is bigger brand to audience than The Marvels. Not everyone catches up with every development 

- Marvel/Superhero Fatigue 

- Heterosexual men has some sort of bitter vendetta towards Bri Larson and absolutely loathe her and it’s been that way since she was introduced into Marvel

- A lot of people unfortunately do not care for Ms. Marvel

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Yes title change would have made ow atleast 15-20m higher

Just like how Civil War would have performed way differently if it was Avengers in the title 

CM is bigger brand to audience than The Marvels. Not everyone catches up with every development 

We have no way of knowing if a title change would’ve added 20 million to this OW. :rip:

• Like 1

I saw the first one and it was ok but have 0 interest going to see this, Superhero fatigue is real. 

Captain Marvel mainly did well because it was before End Game and the first female Marvel film. 

Think I’ll watch this tonight or tomorrow. Never played the games but I love the lead actor 

Eras is so stable

It would have done 200m in US if they extended 

Would end run with $165m in US

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Captain Marvel mainly did well because it was before End Game and the first female Marvel film. 

And everyone thought it’d introduce the final infinity stone :cm:

OT: I’m a big Marvel fan and my interest for this is 0. I haven’t properly seen any trailer and didn’t bought my tickets in advance as I’ve done with every MCU film since CW. However, I’m planning on watching, hoping for a good surprise and I’ve read that they added a final/post credits scene or something like that, that’ll make it worth watching.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.