Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

The Exorcist reviews :deadbanana2:

That thing is soooo DOA. And to think that Universal spent 400M on the franchise rights with plans for a trilogy. :deadbanana2:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Studio Ghibli president Toshio Suzuki said it seems Miyazaki has almost moved on from The Boy and the Heron entirely.

"We were talking again just now, and he said something incredible to me. He said, 'By the way, what was my last film about? I can't remember."

Suzuki said that Miyazaki is back at work and that he is “obsessed” with a new project. “He's thinking about this next project every day, and I can't stop him — in fact, I've given up,” Suzuki told Liberation.

Mess at Miyazaki (Spirited Away) already "forgetting" his Artpop and moving on to his Joanne :dies:

At least it already broke even (allegedly) but not promoting a movie in 2023 was such a huge mistake, no matter how famous/beloved you or your brand are :skull:

20 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

That thing is soooo DOA. And to think that Universal spent 400M on the franchise rights with plans for a trilogy. :deadbanana2:

I'm kinda relieved, possession movies should've died in the 2010s :deadbanana4: such a stale idea. Bunch of shouting, growling, scripture and wall climbing for the better part of 2 hours :toofunny3:

we need more barbarian, malignant, X, bodiesx3 type of horror that push the genre and arent afraid to try something new 

• Like 2

Saw X being acclaimed while The Exorcist being panned was not on my bingo cards. :rip:

• Like 1

The Exorcist’s cinemascore compared to that of other recently released horror movies.

Talk to Me B+
Saw X B

The Last Voyage of the Demeter B-

The Nun II C+

Insidious: The Red Door C+
The Exorcist: Believer C

Yeah it’s done for.

The Creator is such a dumb movie I almost felt asleep no wonder it flops, can't believe I let my friend convinced me to see it instead of Saw :rip:

barbiegrande
On 10/5/2023 at 4:28 PM, EnigmaticAndroid said:

DDG really hustled them. I almost respect it if I didn’t hate him

On 10/6/2023 at 11:33 AM, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

Bunch of shouting, growling, scripture and wall climbing for the better part of 2 hours :toofunny3:

The accuracy :ahh: 

Eras Tour seems to be stalling. Thinking $75-100M debut. Amazing, but far from what initial presales suggested. 

Also that average ticket price is asinine. 

Edited by BNF91

On 10/5/2023 at 11:28 PM, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I genuinely don't understand the budgets some of these movies seem to get... Like Haunted Mansion having a 150 million dollar budget. :deadbanana2: The IRS or FBI needs to investigate them for some type of money laundering scheme. Cause ain't no way some of these movies cost what they said it cost. 

• Like 1

The Marvels release will be utter chaos.

1 hour ago, mystery said:

The Marvels release will be utter chaos.

The fact the strike won’t be resolved in time just made things 10x worse. 

Whoever approved The Marvels is gonna get the axe. Should have just called it Captain Marvel 2: Secret Invasion and made it similar to Covil

War 

Oh yikes these Marvels predictions are abysmal if they hold. People from both sides are going to be insufferable the week it drops. 

On 10/11/2023 at 5:44 AM, TrinityDanger said:

I genuinely don't understand the budgets some of these movies seem to get... Like Haunted Mansion having a 150 million dollar budget. :deadbanana2: The IRS or FBI needs to investigate them for some type of money laundering scheme. Cause ain't no way some of these movies cost what they said it cost. 

Money laundering schemes generally involve exaggerating revenue, not costs.

Kinda fascinated to see how a lot of the upcoming holiday releases do. Wonka, The Color Purple, Aquaman, Migration, and Wish could go a lot of different ways. :celestial5:

Why is the Sydney Sweeney/ Glen Powell movie coming out the week of Christmas when it’s clearly a Valentines film? :deadbanana4:

7 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Kinda fascinated to see how a lot of the upcoming holiday releases do. Wonka, The Color Purple, Aquaman, Migration, and Wish could go a lot of different ways. :celestial5:

Wonka is gonna flop, bookmark me. L

Timothee is not a draw and if people wanna see Willy Wonka they’ll watch the OG or Tim Burton version 

1 hour ago, Arcadius said:

Why is the Sydney Sweeney/ Glen Powell movie coming out the week of Christmas when it’s clearly a Valentines film? :deadbanana4:

That film would also greatly benefit if the 2 stars promoted it. I’m surprised it was not pushed back.

• Like 1

Excited to see how Killers of the Flower Moon will fare next weekend. 

Eras tour Friday number keeps dropping. Now $37-38M. 

31 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Excited to see how Killers of the Flower Moon will fare next weekend. 

Eras tour Friday number keeps dropping. Now $37-38M. 

:redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.