Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Broken said:

THH is so messy. Lol.

They are giving animated versions of Waterworld.

24 minutes ago, Poxy said:

Every time I’ve gone to the cinema these past few times, they’ve played the Ruby Gilman trailer. I saw it in front of The Flash, Elemental, Spider Verse, The Little Mermaid, Super Mario. 

I've seen bus adverts and the trailer has played before lots of YouTube videos too, they seemed to have finally ramped up promotion.

Happy to see Indy bombing :clap3:

I will always be here for the downfall of unnecessary, cashgrabby remakes and sequels. Just a pity Phoebe Waller-Bridge is attached to it :clown:

Why is everyone flopping at the box office? Is there a boycott or something? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

Why is everyone flopping at the box office? Is there a boycott or something? :deadbanana2:

People are just not responding to focus group cash grab movies anymore.

• Like 2

I only found out about Ruby Gillman from a poster at my local cinema, I’ve never even seen the trailer and I go to the cinema quite a lot. :rip: it was truly sent out to die.

19 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

People not trying to spend like $50 (or more) to go see something mediocre that will hit streaming in a month. :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

I've seen the Kraken trailer in front of every film I've seen at the cinema for the last few months. :skull: Every time.

• Like 1

This year has been such a mess so far :redface:

3 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

No Puss in Boots no ticket sales.

B3pHott.gif

Wait, who is this man? :gayalipacat5:

I knew Kracken would bomb after that terrible bae joke in the trailer. 

Indiana Jones allegedly costing 60M more than people thought :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Wait, who is this man? :gayalipacat5:

His Hejnasty, Dr. Kevin Hejnas.

B3pHott.gif

• Like 1

The pandemic lifted the veil of movie theaters. People realized that they don't need to go to movie theaters to see a movie when streaming is so readily available unless said movie is VERY hyped up. They know that if they skip out on a movie in masses then that movie will get sent to streaming sooner.

8 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

The problem is you have boomers making movies

1 minute ago, Rebel Lion said:

The pandemic lifted the veil of movie theaters. People realized that they don't need to go to movie theaters to see a movie when streaming is so readily available unless said movie is VERY hyped up. They know that if they skip out on a movie in masses then that movie will get sent to streaming sooner.

Mario and Top Gun did very well through legs even though they weren't hyped up. Flash was the definition of a (fake) hype movie and bombed. Movies like Flash and Indiana Jones never should've been made at a budget of 300m, it never made any sense. If the movie is good like Spider-Verse, people will show up to theaters. There is so much disposable streaming content now, people crave the special experience of actually going to theaters. Barbie will do huge numbers too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

Mario and Top Gun did very well through legs even though they weren't hyped up. Flash was the definition of a (fake) hype movie and bombed. Movies like Flash and Indiana Jones never should've been made at a budget of 300m, it never made any sense. If the movie is good like Spider-Verse, people will show up to theaters. There is so much disposable streaming content now, people crave the special experience of actually going to theaters. Barbie will do huge numbers too 

Mario was very hyped where I live. Top Gun did well through word of mouth and repeated viewers.

idk but this is the summer of BOMBS isn't it :fan:

TLM looking like a whole smash in comparison :redface:

The movie theater experience is too expensive anymore for people to want to fall for cynical cash grabs. Audiences are being a lot more picky with what they choose to go see.

• Like 2

Yeah ticket prices are crazy these days. I basically have to spoil the entire story for myself to know if I should waste the money or not. 

And so many of them are pushing 3 hours these days and it's like, my entire day has to be structured around it :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.