Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

The Nun 2 scoring three #1 weeks wasn't on my bingo card for this year :dies:

It's a shame because A Haunting in Venice is way better. 

The killing ofthe floewer moon presales kind of surprising me. didn't think it would make much at all. christoper nolan has saved cinema

49 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

The killing ofthe floewer moon presales kind of surprising me. didn't think it would make much at all. christoper nolan has saved cinema

Dances with wolves walked so this could run ig

Tim cook martin scorsese and Leo DiCaprio fill their gold vaults some more

I think they should have released IMAX Barbie a lot sooner, but I understand they probably couldn’t.

looking forward to awards films going wide!

Where do we think Saw X will place at the box office? 

4 hours ago, Musicmajor said:

Where do we think Saw X will place at the box office? 

Paw Patrol is getting the #1 spot and I think The Creator will gross a bit more than Saw, but not as much as it's currently predicted.

A Haunting In Venice was my least favourite Christie adaptation so far. I was so bored. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
On 9/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, family.guy123 said:

Scorsese and DiCaprio together is always successful!

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Scorsese and DiCaprio together is always successful!

:sherlock:

gangs of ny failed to double its budget

the aviator failed to double its budget

• ATRL Moderator
42 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

:sherlock:

gangs of ny failed to double its budget

the aviator failed to double its budget

It says a lot that you have to go back almost 20 years to come up with examples that don't meet your arbitrary standard. (Meanwhile, both movies did basically gross double their budgets worldwide.) Every Scorsese-DiCaprio collaboration from The Aviator on has grossed $100 million+ domestic. They make hits.

11 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

It says a lot that you have to go back almost 20 years to come up with examples that don't meet your arbitrary standard. (Meanwhile, both movies did basically gross double their budgets worldwide.) Every Scorsese-DiCaprio collaboration from The Aviator on has grossed $100 million+ domestic. They make hits.

you said always. 

if your budgets are huge then you have to make big box office to...not lose money. that's how it works, regardless if you think that's arbitrary.

Edited by fridayteenage

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, fridayteenage said:

they only have 4 films together, that's 50%...

if your budgets are huge then you have to make big box office to...not lose money. that's how it works, regardless if you think that's arbitrary.

Killers of the Flower Moon is their sixth collaboration!

The Creator audience metrics:

RT All Audience: 79%

RT Verified Audience: 77%

Cinescore: B+

Posttrak: 78% Positive

Not awful, but definitely needed to be stronger if this had any hope of being a real breakout hit. Hopefully it's able to at least double its budget ww. It'd be a shame if a studio finally took on the risk of an 80M original sci-fi and it tanked (even if it's not great). 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

Era's presales have been ok in London so far, there's sold out shows for Friday but after that it's more quiet. 

I know The Creator is quite divisive but I personally really liked it. Shame it isn’t performing well. 

On 9/30/2023 at 5:33 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Era's presales have been ok in London so far, there's sold out shows for Friday but after that it's more quiet. 

Taylor is doing literally zero promo for this. Where is she? 

I thought Saw would be able to at least clear $20M. Budget is super small tho so it’ll end up making lots of profit regardless. 

The Creator deserves better. 

Eras tour will be pretty big in the US. Presales started massive, then totally stalled, but seems like this NFL stuff has helped presales pick up a bit. 

I also was not aware this was a weekend-only engagement. $100M weekend for sure I think. 

The Creator was fun. It would have been MUCH better if they stop casting that talentless Nepo baby he's literal garbage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.