Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Barbie budget was 145 and opp 100. 

Also yes 1.340B dollas vs 780M is the definition of bigger :chick1: 

Then both are huge movies, sure.

Btw in Italy is not rated R just 6+. I really doubt someone under 6 want to see this movie so basically everyone interested can see It without any restriction.

Only 1 R rated movie in the history of cinema has grossed $1 billion+ at the box office….

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BNF91 said:

So Barbie will finish around $1.43-1.45B. Incredible. 

Even though it's gonna flop, anyone excited for The Creator in a couple weeks? Should be a spectacle. 

I think I read not too long ago it had a $80-$90M budget and I was stunned. 

44 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Only 1 R rated movie in the history of cinema has grossed $1 billion+ at the box office….

i bet 45 dollars Imax tickets were not a thing when the godfather came. Still made 750M dollars only domestic (corrected with inflation).

Edited by vale9001

17 hours ago, BNF91 said:

So Barbie will finish around $1.43-1.45B. Incredible. 

Even though it's gonna flop, anyone excited for The Creator in a couple weeks? Should be a spectacle. 

i'm always excited about original sci-fi, looks interesting! Will likely try to go support it in theaters!

The way no one is talking about Blue beetle :deadbanana4:

Need Oppenheimer to outgross Bohemian Rhapsody. We can't have that abomination be the #1 highest-grossing biopic. :lakitu:

Kinda crazy that elemental was labeled as one of the biggest Disney bombs ever to now being a top 10 movie of this year:deadbanana: them Legs

• Like 1

More people are going to see Taylor’s concert in theaters then the biggest Star Wars movies and biggest Marvel film this decade :redface: 

I'm living for the chaos a bit so I hope the Eras Tour film gets expanded to a wide release to see if it can snatch NWH. :nicole2:

Barbie” has conquered North America, and now, the world.

Greta Gerwig’s fantasy-comedy has generated $1.36 billion at the global box office, overtaking Universal and Illumination’s animated adventure “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” ($1.35 billion globally) as the highest-grossing worldwide movie of the year.

“Barbie” has accumulated $600 million in North America and, earlier in August, passed “Mario” ($574 million) to become the biggest release of 2023 at the domestic box office as well. At the international box office, the film has grossed a staggering $760 million to date.

The very pink blockbuster has been casually crushing expectations since opening in theaters in July with $162 million, the best debut of the year. “Barbie” remained the No. 1 movie for four consecutive weekends and eventually became the highest-grossing movie directed solely by a woman. It’s currently the 14th-biggest domestic release and 15th-biggest global release in history.

Source

berbenheimer.gif

Edited by Arcadius
  • Like 4

The pop culture event of the year :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.