• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

After all these bombs I'm honestly gagged at how far Barbie is blowing past all comps at this point and tracking like a blockbuster way beyond even other female led IP comedy movies like Ocean's 8 or Ghostbusters or even sequels like Pitch Perfect 2; the marketing, the merch and EA ticket release strategy has truly been on point since the final trailer dropped and it's rapidly becoming a shining beacon of hope for theatre chains. 

Along with Oppenheimer trending upwards the weekend is living up to the hype potential (got my Oppenheimer 70mm ticket followed by Barbie in laser, a Sunday holy slay); the question for both now really is legs and reception but with Barbie it feels pretty critic proof at this point with a lot of demand backloading past opening day. Still curious to see how well it plays as a family movie as well as a satirical comedy in the vein of Clueless and how the humour lands, the audience breakdown is going to be fun to read. With the rest of the summer looking pretty dry, both are likely to play well through labour weekend and Barbie will likely pick up more PLF screens later. A much needed win.

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

After all these bombs I'm honestly gagged at how far Barbie is blowing past all comps at this point and tracking like a blockbuster way beyond even other female led IP comedy movies like Ocean's 8 or Ghostbusters or even sequels like Pitch Perfect 2; the marketing, the merch and EA ticket release strategy has truly been on point since the final trailer dropped and it's rapidly becoming a shining beacon of hope for theatre chains. 

Along with Oppenheimer trending upwards the weekend is living up to the hype potential (got my Oppenheimer 70mm ticket followed by Barbie in laser, a Sunday holy slay); the question for both now really is legs and reception but with Barbie it feels pretty critic proof at this point with a lot of demand backloading past opening day. Still curious to see how well it plays as a family movie as well as a satirical comedy in the vein of Clueless and how the humour lands, the audience breakdown is going to be fun to read. With the rest of the summer looking pretty dry, both are likely to play well through labour weekend and Barbie will likely pick up more PLF screens later. A much needed win.

I can see a lot of conservative parents hating the movie lol

it was bad for her… it was real bad!

The fact every studio has had major bombs this year and the fact Indy is looking to take The Flash's spot as the biggest bomb of the year. :deadbanana2:

At least if anything, this should force all of Hollywood to completely change their methods. No more producing these big budget ass movies thinking people will automatically go see them.

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I expected to do bad.. but THIS BAD???

Was there even any promotion for Ruby Gillman? It feels like they just send it out to die.

Not the greatest year for mythical sea-dwelling creatures this one lol.

7 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

Was there even any promotion for Ruby Gillman? It feels like they just send it out to die.

Zero promo. I actually watched it and liked it alot, way better than Mario. Its like an animated chick flick.

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Zero promo. I actually watched it and liked it alot, way better than Mario. Its like an animated chick flick.

I watched the trailer a while ago and thought it looked really cute. I’ll probably check it out when it comes to digital/VOD (with the way it’s performing it shouldn’t take too long).

13 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

The first trailer debuted only in March and those who DID see it lashed it. It literally spoiled the whole movie, including what’s supposed to be a twist ending/villain

Well thats what they get for tryna use it against the little mermaid.

Kathleen, FIRED!

• Like 1

Literally the first time I've ever heard of this Kraken movie

• Like 1

This summer box office is so tragic + hilarious :toofunny2:

3 hours ago, Arcadius said:

The fact every studio has had major bombs this year and the fact Indy is looking to take The Flash's spot as the biggest bomb of the year. :deadbanana2:

At least if anything, this should force all of Hollywood to completely change their methods. No more producing these big budget ass movies thinking people will automatically go see them.

I think audiences are finally saying NO to Hollywood think they'll mindlessly go see anything just because of the name attached to it

• Like 1

Every time I’ve gone to the cinema these past few times, they’ve played the Ruby Gilman trailer. I saw it in front of The Flash, Elemental, Spider Verse, The Little Mermaid, Super Mario. 

Kraken had 0 promo and the trailer looked cheap and only for girls so not surprised

It will do well on streaming 

33 minutes ago, Dom said:

Bombed , 260 million budget without marketing 

Even worse, looks like it is a 329m budget...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.