Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

I liked The Flash - it was fun. It was incredibly random tho lol

1 hour ago, TheCheshireCat said:

which is pretty much what happened with Bros when no straights went to go see it and the few gays that did thought it was mid.

It was so mid. It was just farcical - the lead actor / character was annoying and off-putting as hell and the love interest was just never gonna be into him. let's please enter gay reality. Muscle gods don't go for average guys, otherwise they wouldn't have devoted their lives to gym in order to land a fellow muscle god.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing this today or on Sunday.

This is kinda sad because it was actually good and as a Mexican this film really represented my culture so well, I guess it will barely get to $100M and hopefully become a hit on streaming, at least Gunn already confirmed that he’s staying in the DCU.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Otter said:

This just feels like a bad example to point out. Does anyone think this would of succeeded if it was released in 2019? 

It would’ve done better, as would The Flash. 

I haven't seen anything about this movie anywhere so not surprised it's flopping. I'm still gonna check it out tho

They way audiences have been telling them what they want to see through box office number and wb continues to ignore them :-$ . DC fans want dark and gritty tone,  like the most recent batman and joker movies released. Their only moderate success at word building was with snyder, and they ****** that up as well lmao 

I'm still going  to see this though because the director/cast sound so excited and sweet, and the trailer is not bad. 

Edited by Salwa
  • Thumbs Down 2

Poor Blue Beetle but these DC movies have been doomed since the beginning of this year.  :chick1:

Edited by Arcadius

I hope the marketing for Blue Battles is less than 50% of the production budget.  At least it will pay the marketing before being put on streaming. 

Blue beetle already under Barbie on Monday :rip:

barbie 2.550M

blue beetle 2.17M 

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 2

Edited by Gwendolyn

14 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

This is kinda sad because it was actually good and as a Mexican this film really represented my culture so well, I guess it will barely get to $100M and hopefully become a hit on streaming, at least Gunn already confirmed that he’s staying in the DCU.

He also promised Gal Gadot a 3rd WW film so I wouldn't trust that man. :skull:

• Haha 1

When you're rock bottom there's no where else to go but Up!_Shania_Twain.mp3 so stand tall DC, James will save the day! 

I know it will happen, trust. 

4wFgMy4.png?1

I only go to the movies for Marvel. I save my money and stream for everything else. And that’s only because Movie theaters are horrible and haven’t been updated or renovated for the insane prices they are now. Back in the day it was fun to go to theaters with $5 and a group of friends. Nowadays not so much. 

On 8/19/2023 at 10:50 PM, DamianSolo said:

You're not understanding what I'm saying. The "DC brand" is not toxic, in and of itself. That is why they're still having successes outside of the DCEU. The issue with films like Blue Beetle is that Warner Bros. is practically just ignoring the film. It had virtually no actual marketing compared to the earlier films in the DCEU—up to 2018's Aquaman. The issue with DC Comics on film is Warner Bros. lack of direction, with overall regime changes, in the midst of also changing directions of films while they're shooting.

I'm not underestimating anything. We, DC Comics fans, know how much of a bomb The Flash is. We were all expecting it before it even released. The Flash largely sucked; I didn't even care that much for it, or its story. But it's ultimately a victim of Warner Bros. It flopping came as no surprise; that film had been pushed back and delayed so many times with multiple directors being attached to it. The Flash should have been one of DC's top films, having a completely blank slate to work with in correcting the direction of the DCEU. The issue isn't DC, Blue Beetle or The Flash—it's solely Warner Bros. and their internal chaos.

Yes Warner Bros is the problem but the lack of promotion is due to the strikes. But I have seen more ad promos for this film than I did for Indiana Jones.

On 8/22/2023 at 4:21 AM, Salwa said:

They way audiences have been telling them what they want to see through box office number and wb continues to ignore them :-$ . DC fans want dark and gritty tone,  like the most recent batman and joker movies released. Their only moderate success at word building was with snyder, and they ****** that up as well lmao 

I'm still going  to see this though because the director/cast sound so excited and sweet, and the trailer is not bad. 

Nope. 

3 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Nope. 

Box office and Oscars wins disagree :ducky:

Emotionally troubled lead character discovers superpower, thereby finding inner strength. 

Toss in some family trauma. 

Big 40 minute action sequence at the end. 

There I just wrote DCEU's 9th box office bomb. 

Edited by hawx23
  • Like 1

Not surprised, I’m so tired of DC and Marvel and their zillions superhero movies :gaycat6:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Marvel is flopping too. Not as much as DC, but some of their movies struggle to even break even and some shows such as Secret Invasion and She-Hulk are massive flops.

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, 1DES said:

Yes Warner Bros is the problem but the lack of promotion is due to the strikes. But I have seen more ad promos for this film than I did for Indiana Jones.

They really weren't even doing much before the strikes started happening to promote the film. I'm still surprised it ended up getting a theatrical release for how nonchalant they've been about it. It was originally meant to be exclusively on (HBO) Max.

On 8/20/2023 at 6:25 AM, Sexyzinger said:

TLM did flop. Also it makes no sense to compare these two films lol.

You bringing up TLM which isn’t even in the same genre and category as Blue Beetle is funny. Not to mention, TLM movie still surpassed its budget and did overall good despite the racism. You can’t even say the same thing for Blue Beetle. The movie you’re rooting against (TLM) isn’t even in the same league as Blue Flop.

Now how about you be realistic for once and compare an actual superhero movie to another superhero movie. Latinos wanted Bluebeetle after watching Black Panther and y’all/they got it. Yet no one’s supporting it, why? 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.