Box Office Discussion | Megalopolis. Joker 2.

Gwendolyn

10 hours ago, Gaia said:

DC just has weird and uninteresting superheros. Like why tf would I want to watch a movie on a beetle superhero :rip: 

you could say the same about an ant superhero

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Amber alone will probably be bad for Aquaman 2. (I’m not bringing in the whole trial and ordeal that happened I’m just saying whether you believe her or not the reality is that a majority of the GP are against her and it’s going to reflect on this film, so I don’t expect it to do good #s either). 

Probably, if the dust from that court case gets kicked up again during the promotion of that film—which still has yet to even begin. I'll be seeing the film either way. They were still doing reshoots just several weeks ago, so I don't even know what to expect from it. It's another instance of them going back and forth during the creation of the film.

You would think they would’ve stopped with the DCUE by now 

14 hours ago, Tropez said:

Wasnt this supposed to be the big Latino representation that was talked about being needed so much online? 

Only people saying that are the fans of the lead actor and the love interest. No latino cares about this movie. It's the same thing that happened with In the Heights. 

Mess at a huge hurricane hitting several of the biggest Latino-majority urban centers in the U.S. :skull: everything working against that Beetle movie. Will be funny to see what happens to it when it loses PLFs. 

7 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Both flopped/will flop globally but TLM at least did decently in the U.S, it can be seen as an underperformance overall depending how it does on Disney+

Either way, you can’t constantly say TLM flopped yet say this is doing just fine. :toofunny3: 

People love to pick and choose on here. 

Exactly. TLM underperformed, it didn't "flop". Blue Beetle is doing way worse and it's just a fact.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

Exactly. TLM underperformed, it didn't "flop". Blue Beetle is doing way worse and it's just a fact.

It BARELY broke even ($560 million was needed for it to break even according to Deadline). Studios don't make movies to BREAK EVEN, they make them to turn on a profit.

• Thumbs Down 4

Horizon Flame
36 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

Mess at a huge hurricane hitting several of the biggest Latino-majority urban centers in the U.S. :skull: everything working against that Beetle movie. Will be funny to see what happens to it when it loses PLFs. 

What makes you think that Latinos would automatically want to see “Blue Beetle”? This is a big part of the reason these movies keep flopping - the focus on identity politics. It’s cynical and bordering on offensive. Just focus on the story, not trying to tick boxes which is so transparent and patronizing to the public. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

What makes you think that Latinos would automatically want to see “Blue Beetle”? This is a big part of the reason these movies keep flopping - the focus on identity politics. It’s cynical and bordering on offensive. Just focus on the story, not trying to tick boxes which is so transparent and patronizing to the public. 

Mind you 40% of the BB audience was Latino (the highest overall demographic) and Latinos gave the movie a higher score overall than white audiences per PostTrak. Box office analysis isn't about your personal feelings lol. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NausAllien said:

It BARELY broke even ($560 million was needed for it to break even according to Deadline). Studios don't make movies to BREAK EVEN, they make them to turn on a profit.

Breaking even is NOT flopping. As i said, it was an underperformance, not a flop. Are you doing this on purpose? :biblio:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

16 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Breaking even is NOT flopping. As i said, it was an underperformance, not a flop. Are you doing this on purpose? :biblio:

It IS a flop. Studios don't make movies to break even. A profit is needed so they can invest it into making more movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

The should have delayed it until the strike was over. The actor is very popular because of Cobra Kai but he needed to make promo rounds on morning shows and social media.

Anyway, I will go watch it with friends next week.

There really isn't anything much better in August and I've already seen Barbenheimer several times.

This isn't a sign of superhero fatigue, DCEU have always been a disaster in numbers outside Wonder Woman and Aquaman (first movies only).

• Like 2

‘BLUE BEETLE’ earned less money than ‘MORBIUS’ on its domestic box office opening weekend.

:redface: Aqua Man is gonna Flop so Hard. Y’all should worry about dc’s 9th flop instead of coming for The Marvels🤭

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

‘BLUE BEETLE’ earned less money than ‘MORBIUS’ on its domestic box office opening weekend.

:redface: Aqua Man is gonna Flop so Hard. Y’all should worry about dc’s 9th flop instead of coming for The Marvels🤭

:redface:

• Like 1

Really sad because the movie is actually great. Much better than any marvel movie this year

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, NausAllien said:

It IS a flop. Studios don't make movies to break even. A profit is needed so they can invest it into making more movies.

A movie breaking even would be considered an underperformance, not a flop, weirdo.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Barbie is now all but locked to surpass Super Mario and become the highest grossing film of the year. Not bad for a movie with no clear audience that will be killed by a PG-13 rating starring two box office poisons. 

Edited by Kylizzle
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.