Box Office Discussion | Megalopolis. Joker 2.

Gwendolyn

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

CinemaScore is only a B+….that’s not good. 

The DCEU needs a long break and to come back with quality. Too many flops and too many bombs, audiences don’t want it unless it’s a solo Batman or Batman character 

Batman brave and bold will save dceu :jonnycat:

Awe.  I actually kind of liked this movie.  But I agree that Superhero films are a bit stale.  

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

CinemaScore is only a B+….that’s not good. 

The DCEU needs a long break and to come back with quality. Too many flops and too many bombs, audiences don’t want it unless it’s a solo Batman or Batman character 

It's actually getting pretty great reviews, audiences are really taking to the film; it's a critical success, so far. DC Comics has one more film to release this year, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Aquaman (2018), surprisingly has grossed more than any Batman film—being the highest-grossing film of any character from DC Comics. I doubt lightning will strike twice for Aquaman, but people are definitely open to films for the other heroes. Warner Bros. has just been incredibly awful with their direction.

After The Lost Kingdom, the next film film from DC and subsequent reboot won't be until 2025. :chick3:

32 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Wasnt this supposed to be the big Latino representation that was talked about being needed so much online? 

16 minutes ago, Katamari said:

I was told the latin black panther was in demand tho 

Where did you see that? I have never heard about any buzz about this movie.

Also, the "representation" and "diversity" angle only works when there's an audience to support it, which is why Black Panther did well. Why would Hispanics care about this movie? Just because it has Hispanics in it? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Batman brave and bold will save dceu :jonnycat:

We don’t need 3 separate live action Batman universes. Cancel Gunn’s DCU, and give the public a break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DamianSolo said:

It's actually getting pretty great reviews, audiences are really taking to the film; it's a critical success, so far. DC Comics has one more film to release this year, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Aquaman (2018), surprisingly has grossed more than any Batman film—being the highest-grossing film of any character from DC Comics. I doubt lightning will strike twice for Aquaman, but people are definitely open to films for the other heroes. Warner Bros. has just been incredibly awful with their direction.

After The Lost Kingdom, the next film film from DC and subsequent reboot won't be until 2025. :chick3:

Joker FAD is coming out next year….but 2025 is still too soon for the DCEU. They need a long break and to come back with a 10/10 movie if they want this franchise saved. 

DC is facing the subsequent issues: too many bad (non Batman) movies so audiences clearly don’t care, and the GP in general is getting worn out on superhero movies in general. 

They should delay Superman until 2027 honestly. If Superman flops, it’s R.I.P. for good for DC (outside of Batman) 

6 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Joker FAD is coming out next year….but 2025 is still too soon for the DCEU. They need a long break and to come back with a 10/10 movie if they want this franchise saved. 

DC is facing the subsequent issues: too many bad (non Batman) movies so audiences clearly don’t care, and the GP in general is getting worn out on superhero movies in general. 

They should delay Superman until 2027 honestly. If Superman flops, it’s R.I.P. for good for DC (outside of Batman) 

Superman Legacy sounds like a bomb. The GeePee doesn’t care about Superman like that. 

• Like 1

Actually it is a really good and fun movie

Love the family

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Superman Legacy sounds like a bomb. The GeePee doesn’t care about Superman like that. 

If Legacy flops, DC is done for the next decade. It’s gotten to the point where they can’t afford any big investments in characters when the results are so terrible (hello the flash) 

13 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

We don’t need 3 separate live action Batman universes. Cancel Gunn’s DCU, and give the public a break.

considering its the only thing bringing in money im gonna have to disagree 

4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I keep forgetting about Folie à Deux. :toofunny2: It's one I'm quietly anticipating. The DCEU is over with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. The DCU will begin with Superman: Legacy. I guess some characters and elements will crossover. It's a reboot, but not. I don't really know what they have going on. It's a frustrating time to be a fan of DC Comics, with how their live-action films are faring.

I don't agree that audiences don't care about characters other than Batman. The films of the other heroes have been moderately successful, being both critically and commercially successful. DC's (read: WB's) main issue is not having a clear direction with their films and often interfering with the film-making process in the middle of the film being shot. People forget that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actually began filming as Man of Steel 2, Suicide Squad was changed from what it was initially supposed to be and we are all aware of Justice League's issues.

Other than Blue Beetle, though, the past several superhero films have been letdowns. I don't think people are worn out on superhero films, as much as superhero films have just generally declined in quality. While still successful, even Marvel is having issues with their films. If the film is good and marketed correctly, people will show up. They don't need to push it back that far, but they do need to have a clear direction with their subsequent universe.

3 minutes ago, Katamari said:

considering its the only thing bringing in money im gonna have to disagree 

People like Robert Pattinson and Joker universes. A lighter more fantastic Batman universe will tank just like The Flash which had two Batmen.

JustLikeHoney

Not sure why they would do Blue Beetle over Cyborg. Is BB part of the new Gunn's DCU? 

1 hour ago, gatito said:

latinxs lost :redface:

i watched it last night it’s actually good

At least it’s being praised by the critics. Diversity won. :redface:

JustLikeHoney

I'm excited about seeing it. I hope it holds up. Would have rather it be Cyborg TBH. 

By the way. I literally finished seeing Shazam 2 a couple minutes ago. It was actually a very good movie. Much better than Thor L&T. But nowhere near as good as Strange 2 and the last Spiderman. 

It honestly didn't deserve all the hate. I'm watching The Flash tomorrow on HBO. Let's see how that it. 

18 minutes ago, DamianSolo said:

I keep forgetting about Folie à Deux. :toofunny2: It's one I'm quietly anticipating. The DCEU is over with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. The DCU will begin with Superman: Legacy. I guess some characters and elements will crossover. It's a reboot, but not. I don't really know what they have going on. It's a frustrating time to be a fan of DC Comics, with how their live-action films are faring.

I don't agree that audiences don't care about characters other than Batman. The films of the other heroes have been moderately successful, being both critically and commercially successful. DC's (read: WB's) main issue is not having a clear direction with their films and often interfering with the film-making process in the middle of the film being shot. People forget that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actually began filming as Man of Steel 2, Suicide Squad was changed from what it was initially supposed to be and we are all aware of Justice League's issues.

Other than Blue Beetle, though, the past several superhero films have been letdowns. I don't think people are worn out on superhero films, as much as superhero films have just generally declined in quality. While still successful, even Marvel is having issues with their films. If the film is good and marketed correctly, people will show up. They don't need to push it back that far, but they do need to have a clear direction with their subsequent universe.

I disagree. 

DCs brand is just clearly so toxic right now, and audiences don’t trust them. “It’ll all get better with time” is true. The audience needs a break and Legacy needs to be an A+ movie. 

The Suicide Squad was a critical hit, that didn’t stop DC from flopping nonstop. You’re vastly underestimating how BAD it is for them with “the Flash”. The Flash is legit one of the biggest box office flops EVER

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Not sure why they would do Blue Beetle over Cyborg. Is BB part of the new Gunn's DCU? 

Blue Beetle is supposed to be in Gunn's DCU. He hasn't officially confirmed, however, whether or not the events of this film will carry over into his universe—or if he's just using the character, alone, with a different background. DC is just a mess right now because of Warner Bros.

• Thanks 1

If they had just had a little more faith in Zac's vision none of this would be happening now.

His version of Justice League was phenomenal. Everything DC has done since, except for The Batman and The Joker, has been a FLOP. And James Gunn will continue this string of flops with his crappy Superman reboot. His last movie with DC was an EPIC flop. Getting rid of Henry was the kiss of death of the DCEU.

The only solution is to take a LONG break (at least 5 years without any DC movies) and then reboot the universe 100% from scratch. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean Gunn’s Legacy is supposed to come out in a year and a half:deadbanana4: in 4 months it will already be 2024. I’m shocked that they are just gonna move into a new universe with barely a year break from this travesty universe. 

I don’t think Superman is gonna be big at all either. Especially with how much everyone is already acting like Superhero movies are over. 😭 (they definitely aren’t, but this thread is convinced they are) 

3 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

If they had just had a little more faith in Zac's vision none of this would be happening now.

His version of Justice League was phenomenal. Everything DC has done since, except for The Batman and The Joker, has been a FLOP. And James Gunn will continue this string of flops with his crappy Superman reboot. His last movie with DC was an EPIC flop. Getting rid of Henry was the kiss of death of the DCEU.

The only solution is to take a LONG break (at least 5 years without any DC movies) and then reboot the universe 100% from scratch. 

He already started the universe off on a bad foot with MOS and BVS :rip: BVS especially was a huge disaster. 

And after Justice League, they had 2 of their biggest wins of all in WW (critical and commercial smash) and Aquaman (commercial smash) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.