Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

44 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

the movie cost $150m and it probably gonna get swallowed by Barbenheimer too :rip:

It should've been a $40M budget Disney+ movie like Hocus Pocus.

This wont do well in cinemas. :michael: 

I hope it can pay off the marketing at least.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of this superhero in my life - why would I go watch a DC movie about someone i've never heard of given their track record? :rip: 

• Like 1

Gunn can't save DCU.

I feel bad for DC tbh. The superhero/comic  market is so dead now :gaycat7:

9 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

:ahh: It's time hang this DCU/DCEU up! They need to stop for a long while because chile! 

Right!!!!!

it’s over, they need to invest in their animation and try to have a Spiderverse moment (Use Static Shock or Teen Titans). Especially when their animated stuff better than animated Marvel in general (obviously not counting Spiderverse). And instead of trying to connect any future films to the DCEU, they should just take future films with more minor characters and reset the heavy hitter justice league completely in like 5-10 years. 

• Like 2

The Eddie Murphy Haunted Mansion movie was also panned and with mid box office results. I know it has become one of the most popular/beloved rides in Disneyland but a second movie adaptation wasn’t needed. Now if they had  to make one (since Disney is allergic to making anything original these days) they should’ve given it the Hocus Pocus 2 treatment and called it a day.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

I know everyone is still enthusiastic tracking Barbie's and Oppenheimer's numbers; I can't wait for the Haunted Mansion's numbers - they're going to be so bad :ahh:

21 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Don't be surprised by a small Tuesday decrease. Tends to happen with these event films that are just selling everything out. Still spillover demand from the weekend in effect. I'm gonna say a $24M Tuesday. 

17 hours ago, Aristotle said:

My money is on 17M for Tuesday. :michael:

$26M Tuesday! :jonny4: 0.3% decrease from Monday. Wtf?!

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

$26M Tuesday! :jonny4: 0.3% decrease from Monday. Wtf?!

Yeah, I just checked it on Reddit. 

Noe I am completely out of ideas to put any prediction on how much it's total box office will reach. Very unpredictable.

This is Barbie’s most impressive day so far. Staying flat on Tuesday and matching Monday with cheaper tickets is crazy. $80M+ second weekend incoming.

Slay :clap3:

Saw the Scientologist's latest MI film last night and I fear it was a slay as well. Marvel and DC are shaking at non comic book movies saving cinema. @Reverse Warholian

35 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

This is Barbie’s most impressive day so far. Staying flat on Tuesday and matching Monday with cheaper tickets is crazy. $80M+ second weekend incoming.

For sure. I wouldn't count out even $90-100M for the 2nd weekend. Wednesday drop is crucial. Need above $20M on Thursday for it. 

I don't think this is going to do well overseas.

Barbie's dailies are pulling away from The Dark freaking Knight and I dunno how many of you remember the WOM behemoth that that movie was... So this is wild. 

Another $31M OS Tuesday. That's a $57M global Tuesday. $473M after 5 days. $500M tomorrow!

Apparantly the box office trackers are hinting at a strong Wednesday (Empire City is saying it could be flat, do not buy that), but yeah 2nd weekend should be fantastic. 

• Like 1

I remember 500m was my optimistic goal for the movie months ago this is so crazy! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

I remember 500m was my optimistic goal for the movie months ago this is so crazy! 

Literally a month ago even the biggest supporters were saying we hoped it could hit $400M at best. Nobody could’ve predicted this. :jonny5:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.