• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Overseas Monday $33M... Wow.

$60M global on a freaking Monday. $415M 4-day total:alexz:

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Box office reddit has some of the dumbest takes on that whole app😭💀 

Each time they put a new challenge against it. First it was Barbie has no actual target audience, then it was bad reviews will kill it, then it was it will drop on second weekend. :bibliahh:
It is a shame because r/boxoffice was amazing before, during Jurassic World/The Force Awakens runs it was still quite small and filled with actual informative posts & breakdowns. Somewhere around Endgame and the pandemic is where it got ruined by everyone flocking in.

The amount of double, triple even posts on the same thing is exhausting.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 5

Going to see Oppenheimer in 3 hours and prepared to be slayeD. 

Going to see Barbie next weekend 

13 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Box office reddit has some of the dumbest takes on that whole app😭💀 

They’re the literal worst. It has brought me so much joy seeing how every movie they thought would smash flopped and how Barbie has far exceeded what they thought it would do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

1 bil seems locked at this point

• Like 1

Don't be surprised by a small Tuesday decrease. Tends to happen with these event films that are just selling everything out. Still spillover demand from the weekend in effect. I'm gonna say a $24M Tuesday. 

Avatar 2 and Barbie were the most underestimated films in the past 12 months methinks

WB will def make up from the losses of Flash and Shazam 2. Probably won't see a lot of the green profit from Barbie but that should cover most of their losses this year and if they keep Dune 2 in its slot, the real profit will come there (unless Barbie pulls a 1.5 B$, which I think it could - lots of replay value).

The Boy and the Heron dropping like a rock in Japan is so sad :dancehall2: They better rush release a trailer ASAP.mp3 cause it seems like nobody outside of chronically online Ghibli stans are even aware this movie exists

Miyazaki his Artpop Princess Kaguya era

But I'll still be SAT when it comes out in the west!

Arts not the charts!

On 7/24/2023 at 7:14 PM, Poxy said:

Y’all need to support Ms Barbie second weekend. The haters on r/box office are PERCHED to call this frontloaded :giraffe:

Went to see again and the theatre was completely packed and everyone is still in pink:clap3:i must say, seeing it opening weekend is always best though, like when I saw it on Saturday almost every joke landed and people where more emotional, this time is was basically quiet 70% of the time. 

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Don't be surprised by a small Tuesday decrease. Tends to happen with these event films that are just selling everything out. Still spillover demand from the weekend in effect. I'm gonna say a $24M Tuesday. 

My money is on 17M for Tuesday. :michael:

see when you're the actress of the generation

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Grace Randolph kicking and screaming rn

Miss Haunted Mansion… I wish you an ounce of luck! :sistrens:

54 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Grace Randolph kicking and screaming rn

Why? She loved the film. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.