• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

the way ATRLers were claiming Margot is box office poison after Babylon... I told y'all Barbie was coming!!

i feel like i'm betraying the gheys bc i liked Oppenheimer more :dies:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

According to Deadline, Indiana Jones' marketing was over 100M

Not really a stretch to say Barbie's marketing cost 2-3x more than Indiana Jones

And what gives you this idea?

I mean barbie was more talked but because it's more a topic for online people, who the **** cares about Indiana in 2023? It's obvious that you have to spend more to market it and not get the same result.

We live in a barbie world:bird:

Oh yikes, MI fell hard this weekend. Hopefully it will leg out for the rest of the summer. 

4 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Oh yikes, MI fell hard this weekend. Hopefully it will leg out for the rest of the summer. 

Not sure what they were thinking with that release date. The franchise is usually pretty successful so I'm not too worried about Part 2, but it should've released in December.

Ava's Barbie :clap3:

But tbh I'm not surprised since I haven't seen this much promo for a movie in a long time.

I mean, when you google Barbie, the whole search page has a custom style. Crazy.

Edited by iknowplaces

1 hour ago, Jaded. said:

GP said YES to original movies and NO to tired ass sequels, reboots and remakes this summer. Thank god.

Summer movies Guardians 3 and Spider-Verse 2 are two of the biggest movies of the year :skull:. The GP said NO to non-superhero movies :clap3:.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, WERKER said:

Babes Dua has like 40 seconds screen time, is so forgettable and is very wooden :deadbanana4:  coming for a razzie whilst Margot is coming for an Oscar 

His simple comment really triggered you THAT much? :bibliahh:

I know the chromatican citizens are mad that Margot is stomping commercially and critically :clap3:

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Not really a stretch to say Barbie's marketing cost 2-3x more than Indiana Jones

Lmao bffr there's no way the marketing cost more than 100 million

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I mean guess the only real significant one is biggest opening for a female director. The rest are just reaching lol

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

You can't be serious :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, John Slayne said:

the way ATRLers were claiming Margot is box office poison after Babylon... I told y'all Barbie was coming!!

There's no such thing as "box office poison" for any actor whatsoever. The reason why some of her previous films flopped was because of the movies themselves, not Margot. Literally NO ONE in the GP is thinking "omg i absolutely hate that actor, i won't watch any of their movies ever, even if the film looks great". 

All it took was a movie that looked interesting with great marketing and there you go, another box office hit for Margot.

2 minutes ago, bjorn said:

I mean guess the only real significant one is biggest opening for a female director. The rest are just reaching lol

They're still records. :michael:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

Not sure what they were thinking with that release date. The franchise is usually pretty successful so I'm not too worried about Part 2, but it should've released in December.

Or August.

Deserved,  incredible movie :clap3:

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Does that budget include marketing cost? 

No. The production cost is $145M. There’s a rumor that the marketing budget was $100M, but it’s probably closer to $145M. Altogether, the film should cost around $300M, but we won’t get an official report until Deadline does their list of the most profitable films next summer.

1 hour ago, Paola Bracho said:

I came here to ask this. Feels like the promo for this movie costs more than the actual movie.

The promo just resonated really well. They didn’t spend much more on this film’s marketing than an average blockbuster.

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i think it doesn't. Read an article the movie won't break even until it grosses over $300M. (which is gonna happen easily). The movie itself wasn't as expensive as other's because of the lack of CGI and using more traditional decors (which apparently, are way less expensive).

That’s not how movies work, sis. Theaters are businesses, too. Studios make 50% of the gross from domestic, 40% from worldwide and 30% from China. Unless they have different deals (like Disney, who takes a greater percentage from theaters.

38 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

the movie already doubled the budget so they got back even the marketing costs, it's going to be profitable from now on

$155M x 0.5 = $77.5M

$182M x 0.4 = $72.8M

The studio made $151.3M in the opening weekend. They’ll need to basically double these numbers to hit a profit. Keep in mind the film will do that in two more weekends and then it will have two months of its run where it just brings in profit. They’ll also get royalties from the soundtrack, DVD sales, video-on-demand sales and streaming rights sales. I’d be shocked if the movie makes anything less than a profit of $400M at this rate.

20 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This. I think people are overestimating marketing costs, there’s no way marketing was over 100 - 150M for this 

Marketing is usually the same cost as the production budget. This movie has had a huge, A-tier marketing budget, so there’s no chance they spent less than $100M on it. 

Atrl said Margot is box office poison jut a few months ago :ahh:

1 hour ago, Broken said:

RIP Mission: Impossible.

It's gonna lose money. Tom is probably fuming rn.

It had so many things going against it. Covid-Inflated budget, China's market shift from the Western products which was huge for this franchise, competition from Barbie/Oppenheimer and the strike. :michael:

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

It is delusion. Barbie's marketing budget will be the same as any film with the same production budget. All the promo people are talking about is not expensive. All the brand deals probably cost next to nothing since it's mutually profitable. Viral tweets cost nothing. The cast did the same amount of interviews as any cast of a blockbuster does. Expensive is running trailers and ads and putting up posters and I doubt you'll find any numbers proving Barbie had substantially more of that than other films

• Thanks 1

Oppenheimer really did that :clap3:It's impressive especially for a movie with almost no action scenes and almost all talking.

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.