• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw both on the same day and Oppenheimer was just everything and more. Barbie to please my mom but i hated it 

• Thumbs Down 1

Glad my $10 is part of that glorious total! :clap3:

Ahh, that’s HERstory!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

i think it doesn't. Read an article the movie won't break even until it grosses over $300M. (which is gonna happen easily)

the movie already doubled the budget so they got back even the marketing costs, it's going to be profitable from now on

Edited by Totami Legend

DUAS BARBIE :clap3: 

• Thanks 3

GAYLE's Barbie winning :clap3:

Seeing this on Wednesday

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, queenoftheclouds said:

Oppenheimer would've flopped without Barbie that's for sure.

Yeah. It's like every men that was dragged to see Barbie by their girlfriends was like FINE! But we're seeing oppenheimer after!:isudumblmao:” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

:jonny4:

How and why is it historical record breaking? What record was broken may I ask? 

17 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

the movie already doubled the budget so they got back even the marketing costs, it's going to be profitable from now on

This. I think people are overestimating marketing costs, there’s no way marketing was over 100 - 150M for this 

1 minute ago, bjorn said:

Largest OW for a female directed film. 

3 minutes ago, bjorn said:

• Like 4

I'm going to catch a matinee showing tomorrow. I'm so happy for Margot! :celestial:

Margot’s impact ONLY. :clap3: The last main event was probably Spider-Man.  She did that. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

This. I think people are overestimating marketing costs, there’s no way marketing was over 100 - 150M for this 

According to Deadline, Indiana Jones' marketing was over 100M

Not really a stretch to say Barbie's marketing cost 2-3x more than Indiana Jones

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Margot the most legendary female actress ever :clap3:

Sparksfly88
1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Does that budget include marketing cost? 

56 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

I came here to ask this. Feels like the promo for this movie costs more than the actual movie.

The movie uses traditional sets that can be used over and over instead of other movies who rely heavily on CGI which is expensive. 

also the marketing feels like a lot but you also have to take into consideration that a lot of brands and corporations are riding the success of the movie to advertise their products. I saw Zara has a Barbie clothing line and they send it to you in a pink box so at the end of the day they’re making a lot of money from licensing the Barbie™️ brand 

Damn, that’s one of the biggest opening of all time. Only like Avengers Movies are bigger🤯👏 Impressive 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

RIP Mission: Impossible.

It's gonna lose money. Tom is probably fuming rn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.