Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

13 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Me. All the other shows were sold out. (or only had seats in the front row) 

And you say the film is flopping? :giraffe:

• Haha 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sept said:

And you say the film is flopping? :giraffe:

it was a joke I guess...a theater being 50% sold out already more than 24 hours before, especially when this movie has 25 shows for day of course is great and that showing will end sold out. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

Obviously Barbie is doing amazing and deserves all the headlines it's going to get but Oppenheimer opening to 70+ million is actually insane for the kind of movie it is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, V$. said:

:superman:

Insane numbers internationally. $1B secured.  Over $300M WW opening weekend.

Margot must be really proud of herself.  

53 minutes ago, Broken said:

Why was this thread pinned? 

Nobody post in those threads. It will be forgotten in a couple of weeks. Mess.

@Gwendolyn

I never expected this thread to be pinned :deadbanana2: I'm low-key shocked

• Like 1

Coming for a $22-25M debut in Mexico alone :deadbanana2:

Biggest opening day in history in Colombia (450k+ admissions)

2 hours ago, V$. said:

MY GOD Barbie becomes the 2nd biggest debut in history in Brazil with an absurd R$ 22.9 million on its first day of exhibition. The feature is second only to Avengers - Endgame (R$ 29.9M). 

:tornado:

I'm not surprised. I went to the Shopping Mall yesterday for a dinner and It was filled with people wearing pink clothes, I could barely walk through the runners and there were huge lines for everything. 

The last time I saw such a phenomenon for a movie premiere here in Brazil was exactly Endgame. 

I am planning on hopefully seeing this next week but it's gonna be booked and busy with getting 3/4 seats for my friends and me :deadbanana2:

my today's screening was amazing. the audience was laughing the ENTIRE movie. it truly connected :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Broken said:

Margot and Barbie saving the box office, we love to see it :jonny5:

17 minutes ago, Kuromi said:

Barbie slaying that other movie, as it should 

I mean a 3 hour R rated biopic about the making of the atom bomb & American politics at the time doesn't have the same wide appeal as a Barbie movie. Color me SHOCKED!

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

I mean a 3 hour R rated biopic about the making of the atom bomb & American politics at the time doesn't have the same wide appeal as a Barbie movie. Color me SHOCKED!

It's a Chrsitopher Nolan movie. People sang a very different tune just a few months ago

Just now, Sept said:

It's a Chrsitopher Nolan movie. People sang a very different tune just a few months ago

Yes it is a Nolan movie but still the target audience is very limited. Barbie has a wider appeal and managed to market itself as a movie for everyone. Nobody was expecting Barbie to end up being this absolute box office monster. It is a testament to the insanely well pulled off campaign the movie got and the internet craze that just keeps on going. Besides Oppenheimer was never set to outgross Barbie, even if Barbenheimer never existed.

Remember when people were being like "I'm confused, who's the audience for this Barbie movie?" :dies:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

Yes it is a Nolan movie but still the target audience is very limited. Barbie has a wider appeal and managed to market itself as a movie for everyone. Nobody was expecting Barbie to end up being this absolute box office monster. It is a testament to the insanely well pulled off campaign the movie got and the internet craze that just keeps on going. Besides Oppenheimer was never set to outgross Barbie, even if Barbenheimer never existed.

Please. Before this turn of events, nobody would expect a female-led comedy to make more than $300M. 

Nolan's last movie, Dunkirk - a wartime movie with similar theme grossed $500M (Tenet doesn't count as it's during Covid). And of course the company wouldn't expect less than $300M for a movie with a $180M budget :dies:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Oh please, it's a Nolan movie. Also, "anti-woke" people started supporting it just to spite Barbie :rip:

32 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

insanity :jonny5:

The fact that some movie geeks were predicting $30M opening weekend :ahh:

this is crazy. I hope it can reach $200M :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.